Heat and one main

Fun2run2018

Does anyone know if you can run one heat and one main,? Pill draw for heat line up, but how would you suggest to line up the main event? Looking for ideas to save time due to time restraints at the track.

Invert all for mains, and black flag bashers. Make drivers earn wins on skill, not just motor and wallet.

Invert all for mains, and black flag bashers. Make drivers earn wins on skill, not just motor and wallet.
so penalize the fast guys that won the heat race?
skill had no part in winning the heat race?
you put a guy that may of finished several laps down on the pole for a feature you're just looking for trouble

Heat race transfers line-up based on highest points average, lowest goes furthest back, all b feature transfers fall in behind them in order of b main finish.

Last edited:
Line up by heat finishes, then heat race winner draws for the invert. Invert 0,2,4,6, may be even 8 depending on the number of entries.
No sandbagging in the heat as if there is a complete invert.

Tech after the heats, especially if lineup is fastest in front.
Don't have to watch too hard to see carb and plate changes going on before features.

That's all every track here does, Hot Laps per class, Heat per pill draw, Feature per finish order of the heat race.
Fastest and best way to get through the night.
Putting the slow cars up front by inverting the field is asking for trouble. Especially in a 12 lap feature where you don't have a lot of time to get to the front. If there is not enough time to set up a clean pass on a dozen karts in front of you...... Well, look out!

so penalize the fast guys that won the heat race?
skill had no part in winning the heat race?
you put a guy that may of finished several laps down on the pole for a feature you're just looking for trouble

Not if the drivers aren't disrespectful jerks who'd rather turn a guy than find a creative and well timed way to pass... I won 4 state championships, 7 points championships, and 1 year where I won EVERY SINGLE FEATURE (12) with an inverted lineup EVERY race....out of 9 years racing, that's not too shabby...and we raced each other hard, but fair. But the bigger question is why is a guy who's several laps down in a class that would cause him problems anyhow? Perhaps if those who knew better helped the new guy out, they'd stop being a mobile chicane... And even if they are, that's no justification for punting 'em. 8 lap heat, 12 lap elim, 25 lap feature. Maybe if karting didn't have a seperate class for every 15#'s or motor-of-the-month there would be enough time to get through the show with races long enough to be interesting, and consis to weed out the less skilled and overagressive drivers... And if drivers were held to a high driving standard, the races would go more smoothly too.

Not if the drivers aren't disrespectful jerks who'd rather turn a guy than find a creative and well timed way to pass... I won 4 state championships, 7 points championships, and 1 year where I won EVERY SINGLE FEATURE (12) with an inverted lineup EVERY race....out of 9 years racing, that's not too shabby...and we raced each other hard, but fair. But the bigger question is why is a guy who's several laps down in a class that would cause him problems anyhow? Perhaps if those who knew better helped the new guy out, they'd stop being a mobile chicane... And even if they are, that's no justification for punting 'em. 8 lap heat, 12 lap elim, 25 lap feature. Maybe if karting didn't have a seperate class for every 15#'s or motor-of-the-month there would be enough time to get through the show with races long enough to be interesting, and consis to weed out the less skilled and overagressive drivers... And if drivers were held to a high driving standard, the races would go more smoothly too.
Race many bullring 1 line dirt tracks? my guess is you're talking on road racing, where there are plenty of opportunities to pass?
Remember most dirt ovals dont have 15yr old and over rookie class, guys shows up new they put them in a class where their equipment dictates.
For us the race started on Sunday, and we worked all week on the karts/tires, show up at the track guy jerks his kart out and it hasnt been touched all week, and you still think the guys that work hard to run up front should be penalized and put on the tail of the field?
Thats why im a fan of qualify-heat-feature, average qual. and heat finish for feature.
from practice thru heat if you havent figured it out you're not going to, so give it the best shot at the feature from the position you earned, not one that was gave to you.
150 feature wins 10 track championships 3 in 1 season all on dirt ovals in 5 years, so yeah I have a clue.

That's an issue with crappy track prep... I never said you didn't have a clue... No, I was talking oval racing, which is the bulk of my experience. Low HP single groove racing sucks. Said newbs should be taken aside by either track officials or concerned fellow competitors and guided along in the process of learning and staying out of the way until they're faster....but that said, they're allowed on track at the same time too so they're entitled to their real estate. If they affect your race, that's the breaks... Plan wisely.

Back