Hello all

Funny , I took a flathead in for dyno time .
It came out about 1 hp down . I asked what it would take to fix that .
Response was about 5 hundred dollars ...:)
500$ seems like a common price. Like all these folks got together and said "yeah, let's charge $500"

I just laid down 5 bills for a MyChron5....it hurt a little.
If you're investing in a 5 then I HIGHLY suggest getting a coach or having someone with software knowledge and teaching skills to analyze your gps driving lines. You'll learn a lot from those that can tell you exactly where you are slow/fast.
You can have all the fancy new equipment but without data or knowledge of where to best apply it you'll be struggle to keep up with those that have 10 year old equipment with miles under their belt. You have the setup, (I have the same kart), so utilize every bit of it.

Had an old friend tell me the difference between good drivers and great drivers is knowing you have the ability to hold that puckered butt 0.1 seconds longer before turning/braking.

The AM29 usually comes with freeline 6 hole rims . I have had 3 of am29 's . Get a baseline track time, then change to a aluminum wheel. I have noticed a faster time with just a wheel change. I should also state, sometimes the 6 hole rims were faster. The kart is pretty straight forward to set up. Get yourself a good kart stand, you won't regret it. At my age, the AM29 has kept me on the same lap as the leaders, been racing for over 30 years, didn't start till I was 38. Good luck with your racing endevers.

If you're investing in a 5 then I HIGHLY suggest getting a coach or having someone with software knowledge and teaching skills to analyze your gps driving lines. You'll learn a lot from those that can tell you exactly where you are slow/fast.
You can have all the fancy new equipment but without data or knowledge of where to best apply it you'll be struggle to keep up with those that have 10 year old equipment with miles under their belt. You have the setup, (I have the same kart), so utilize every bit of it.

Had an old friend tell me the difference between good drivers and great drivers is knowing you have the ability to hold that puckered butt 0.1 seconds longer before turning/braking.
Good advice that I plan to use. Thanks.

Back