Helmet Advice

They both look good to me. An 8 year old won't be going very fast. I've always wanted to buy the best I could afford, but my head isn't growing. How long he will be able to wear it might also be a consideration on how much you spend. A helmet and other safety gear isn't something you want to skimp on. It's a tough choice. Another way to look at it is the cost over the long run. $100 over the course of a few years isn't much. Nor is the total cost for that matter. Also, you should be able to sell it to another beginning driver and recoup some of your money when your son outgrows it.

I looked at the GP-2 Youth as well but the biggest size is X-Small, I think he needs a small (big head :)). We dont have anywhere to really try on helmets that I know of so we went and tried on fitted hats, and a size 7 was a tad too small so thinking he needs a 7 1/8 which is a small Bell helmet size.

that is a big melon lol that's what I wear is a 7 1/8th lol I have a med g-force helmet for sale its for 7 1/8-7 1/4 . I don't like the fit of it so never wore it

My sons first helmet was a Vega
He wore it for 2 seasons purple plate and then again in blue plate
Now he is going fast enough next year he will have a bell
Loom into s armadillo chest protector and the 360 neck device both from Valhallaracing.com

that is a big melon lol that's what I wear is a 7 1/8th lol I have a med g-force helmet for sale its for 7 1/8-7 1/4 . I don't like the fit of it so never wore it

Thanks. I wanted to order new for his first helmet so I can exchange it if the fit isnt correct.

Back