Helmet fogging

A trick that used to help me when fogging started to show up was pulling my lower lip (and teeth) in a pit and bringing my upper lip out and down a bit, so that exhaling through my mouth would go down, rather than forward toward the shield, then inhaling through my nose and exhaling through my mouth. Might not help in your son's case, but worth a try.

I didn't know Rain-x made anti-fog wipes, but back when I still needed to wear a helmet, they sold anti-fog fluid in the same type of small squirt bottle that regular Rain-x came in, and it worked very well. Might look and see if they still market that.
rain-x still makes a spray but it has a warning CAUSES EYE IRRITATION. most anti fog remedies are wax. you could wax your visor

rain-x still makes a spray but it has a warning CAUSES EYE IRRITATION. most anti fog remedies are wax. you could wax your visor
I used rainx.it worked ok but only for 1 night. Also if you touch visor it fogs where you touched it. I don't have any help on race day so remembering to do the video routine does not happen basically ever. I'm looking for something that is just done and over with.

Since I race offroad my helmet has air. I will use the same helmet when I race the kart. I am new. Havent raced yet. Just bought a used kart.
But I think I will give this a shot!

964BC556-CB39-43EE-84D7-75F21537340D.png

keep the helmet warm. Put it in the trailer next to a small heater. Or in the floor of the truck next to heat outlet. Heat it with a hair dryer. Don't put it on till last minute.
Baby shampoo will help.
And all the other methods mentioned will help also.
This saved my ass last week. Thanks man.

If you have an option for a pinlock, i highly suggest it. As far as i can tell, the racequip helmets don't have that option, so I'm not able to use one on my racing helmet. I do have a pinlock on my motorcycle helmet and it works wonders. I've toyed around with the thought of trying to add one to my racing helmet.

Back