Helmet rule wka

It's really simple, how much do you value your head? I like mine a lot so I don't care if it's $5000 I want the best helmet out there.

I want me a stilo....and I will get one......right after I get that $26 million from the guy that sent me an e-mail and I win the lottery...

LOL, me too! I answered the knock on my door hoping it was Publisher's Clearing House. Ended up being the usual Jehova's Witnesses wanting to explain to me why they rewrote the Bible. Sheesh.

they did the same with me, so I lit up a smoke, grabbed a beer, hocked a up a booger and invited them in...the ran down the drive and I ain't seen them since....don't know why......

I called my neighbor and told him they were on their way to his place. I don't know if its true but he said he answered the door w/o a stitch of clothing. That may explain the screeching burnout I heard in the street. But then, he may have hidden his identity under a Snell approved helmet tho. :)

Bell came up with the cheap head cheap helmet slogan back in the 70-80's. Since then, helmet technology has gone up through the roof. Coincidently Bell makes some of the most reasonably priced SFI rated helmets on the market in comparison to Simpson, Impact, ect ect. That slogan applies to an extent but please tell me how a $500 Simpson is better then a $400 Bell helmet. People have abused the slogan to death, more money doesn't always make a safer helmet. I'm not saying that a Walmart helmet is good enough but you don't need to spend a thousand dollars to get a good safe piece. Go get a good head an neck restraint system (Valhalla or similar) to go along with a good helmet.

I would have to agree with this, makes sense. Price does not always determine quality. I think the reason Simpson helmets command the prices they do is because of the name, not the quality. One thing I do know, it sure isn't the non-existent customer service that they are known for! Try getting service from Simpson these days and see what I mean. At least the other companies do answer emails and calls about their products, that means more to me than the price.

I wear a simpson voyager and a impact charger (voyager set up for night racing, charger for day racing) and I wear the Valhalla 360 device....won't get in the kart without it. the device has proven itself to me when I flipped my kart. helmets can be cheap or expensive....the ICON's that I've seen at the base exchange cost about $200....yet they carry a good sfi rating...to say that cost is directly proportional to safety is absurd. still want the stilo, but until then, i'll stick with what I can afford and what I feel is necessary to make sure my brains stay on the inside....

Are the CMR helmets fire proof like an SA? Also how are they tested? Just smaller? CMS? New things I haven't heard of before slowly researching

Back