Help finding a good seat

DirtDgr

I just bought me a Millennium Impulse. The seat is too small for me. What options/brands are out there for oval dirt kart lay down seats? I want a good seat.

I have a lighting light but it seems to be falling apart more and more. It was a used seat though but it is falling apart. I hear everyone likes there evolution though. I have heard many good things about the chavous seat but I have heard from a few that they just weren’t as good.

I have both an evolution seat and a chavous seat on my karts. I will take the evolution seat any day.
anyone have a recommendation on size? I am 5”8”. 230lbs. Old. Short. Stalky. Pretty big calves and thighs. Little bit of a belly. Dad bod neanderthal pretty much😂 XL on T shirts.
The Evolution looks pretty good to me. Being in Northern Cal we don't have kart shops around to try seats.
I am a complete beginner at this kart stuff. But I have raced other things all my 52 years. No stranger to racing. Just this type. We have a small bull ring track blocks from my home called Lakeport Speedway. Cant wait to give it a whirl!

Last edited:
My advice
Would be buy large enough . No matter the brand .
Easier to pad it then send it back . Return policies can vary as well .

I’m 6’ and 230 lbs. I can squeeze into a Chavous large but the seat I just bought is an XL and fits much better. Maybe go to the track and talk to some folks that are close to your size. They may even let you sit in their kart for a test fit.

anyone have a recommendation on size? I am 5”8”. 230lbs. Old. Short. Stalky. Pretty big calves and thighs. Little bit of a belly. Dad bod neanderthal pretty much😂 XL on T shirts.
The Evolution looks pretty good to me. Being in Northern Cal we don't have kart shops around to try seats.
I am a complete beginner at this kart stuff. But I have raced other things all my 52 years. No stranger to racing. Just this type. We have a small bull ring track blocks from my home called Lakeport Speedway. Cant wait to give it a whirl!
If you end up ordering without trying I'd go with the XL pretty sure LG would be to snug

As stated, I'd go over to the track and see if anyone else there has your build and ask if you could try their seat.
Also, there's a good chance someone at the track sells parts and may have some seats, building a relationship with the local parts dealer pays off is so many other ways

This class is pretty small here but growing. So not a lot to try. Looking at pics locally most are thinner than me. No kart stores or vendors at the races.
So I called up TRJ Karting.
Very helpful and looks like I am an XXL and they are sending me a shiny new Evolution seat. Had them in stock so hopefully get it next week. Thank you all for the help. I am sure this is just the start in here for me.
Next up will be how to set it up and mount it. Watched what youtube has to offer.
Is the idea for this class as low and laid back as possible? The seat in my kart now is way laid back. Stick with it I suppose? I will start doing the search for info in here for set up too.

Last edited:
XXL somewhat limits you're locations . Along with height. Though 6 ft is not bad.
Running treads ?
Me I would keep it around 9.5 inches off the axle .

This class is pretty small here but growing. So not a lot to try. Looking at pics locally most are thinner than me. No kart stores or vendors at the races.
So I called up TRJ Karting.
Very helpful and looks like I am an XXL and they are sending me a shiny new Evolution seat. Had them in stock so hopefully get it next week. Thank you all for the help. I am sure this is just the start in here for me.
Next up will be how to set it up and mount it. Watched what youtube has to offer.
Is the idea for this class as low and laid back as possible? The seat in my kart now is way laid back. Stick with it I suppose? I will start doing the search for info in here for set up too.
The kart your mounting seat in, is the break rotor on the left side ?

Yes on the left. This is it currently. Seat size L in it now. Not sure the brand. Got several holes in it so its been moved around a bit or came off something else.

3B213C87-FB48-4111-B486-544009A71DB8.jpeg

Yes on the left. This is it currently. Seat size L in it now. Not sure the brand. Got several holes in it so its been moved around a bit or came off something else.

View attachment 19192
Bottom of that seat looks to high up into chassis tubing, to mount new, seat set kart on flat surface with no tires an wheels on, place a piece of heavy cardboard down on area where bottom of seat hits, set seat on cardboard align front notch centered with steering post 1/2' from touching post, align rear center seat spline 1/4' left of center to break rotor, block seat with wood off wolfe plate so top of seat back is 9.25 " off top of axle, mark holes drill and mount up, unrelated but since it's in the picture, if the lead weight is needed get it off the frame, move it up onto the seat, place where needed to hit set up % ages.

Good Luck !!

Back