Help finding a good seat

All the extra holes I. Your current seat may be where the previous owner has added weight. It’s better to add your weight to the seat, not the frame.

anyone have a recommendation on size? I am 5”8”. 230lbs. Old. Short. Stalky. Pretty big calves and thighs. Little bit of a belly. Dad bod neanderthal pretty much😂 XL on T shirts.
The Evolution looks pretty good to me. Being in Northern Cal we don't have kart shops around to try seats.
I am a complete beginner at this kart stuff. But I have raced other things all my 52 years. No stranger to racing. Just this type. We have a small bull ring track blocks from my home called Lakeport Speedway. Cant wait to give it a whirl!
5'8" 225# I use an XL

anyone have a recommendation on size? I am 5”8”. 230lbs. Old. Short. Stalky. Pretty big calves and thighs. Little bit of a belly. Dad bod neanderthal pretty much😂 XL on T shirts.
The Evolution looks pretty good to me. Being in Northern Cal we don't have kart shops around to try seats.
I am a complete beginner at this kart stuff. But I have raced other things all my 52 years. No stranger to racing. Just this type. We have a small bull ring track blocks from my home called Lakeport Speedway. Cant wait to give it a whirl!
I'm 5'10" and when I was 225-230lbs I used a large evolution seat. It was tight but helped cut down on moving around and weight transfer.

I'm currently 175lbs and am using a medium modeivator seat. Again, same principle.. it holds me in tight and helps reduce unwanted weight transfer.

I'm 5'10" and when I was 225-230lbs I used a large evolution seat. It was tight but helped cut down on moving around and weight transfer.

I'm currently 175lbs and am using a medium modeivator seat. Again, same principle.. it holds me in tight and helps reduce unwanted weight transfer.
Well crap. Hopefully I can pad it up if it is too big. Cold here too. So wearing a jacket might help. We will see. If it is crazy big I will just eat another $60 an ship it back.

Oh and down to 175! Damn! Good work man! I was that in high school. 33 years ago!

Well crap. Hopefully I can pad it up if it is too big. Cold here too. So wearing a jacket might help. We will see. If it is crazy big I will just eat another $60 an ship it back.

Oh and down to 175! Damn! Good work man! I was that in high school. 33 years ago!
You can pad it up. And bulky clothes work too.

Well it finally came in. It is much larger than the old one! But thats good! I actually fit in it. Not even close when I tried to sit in the old one still in the kart 😂. Wasn’t pretty
I am going to have to add a pad or something for some lumbar support though.

5A4C9FC7-963C-481D-BFA5-2027A822D504.jpeg

For sure will have to find some room though. Will have to move engine to right a bit. Probably trim the aluminum guard over the clutch. Move the nerf bars out a ways. I myself am 50lbs heavier that the guy who owned it before. I will probably get into it after today(Christmas) and hopefully hit the track next weekend just to get a feel for this stuff.
26CD5871-D720-404F-8BBE-AB78BC60415E.jpeg

Any tips on doing this correctly or videos you might have would be appreciated! I did a search in here and there is not a lot on putting seats in properly. I do appreciate what you all have added so far👍🏼. Thank you!

Last edited:
Bottom of that seat looks to high up into chassis tubing, to mount new, seat set kart on flat surface with no tires an wheels on, place a piece of heavy cardboard down on area where bottom of seat hits, set seat on cardboard align front notch centered with steering post 1/2' from touching post, align rear center seat spline 1/4' left of center to break rotor, block seat with wood off wolfe plate so top of seat back is 9.25 " off top of axle, mark holes drill and mount up, unrelated but since it's in the picture, if the lead weight is needed get it off the frame, move it up onto the seat, place where needed to hit set up % ages.

Good Luck !!
So basically your

butt will be almost touching the ground right?

Seat center 1/4” left of center of disc in back. Like in this pic correct?

14E8D761-9A90-40D2-B49F-2A1E106DB17D.jpeg

Then 9 1/4” top of the back of the seat to the top of the axle.

Bottom of that seat looks to high up into chassis tubing, to mount new, seat set kart on flat surface with no tires an wheels on, place a piece of heavy cardboard down on area where bottom of seat hits, set seat on cardboard align front notch centered with steering post 1/2' from touching post, align rear center seat spline 1/4' left of center to break rotor, block seat with wood off wolfe plate so top of seat back is 9.25 " off top of axle, mark holes drill and mount up, unrelated but since it's in the picture, if the lead weight is needed get it off the frame, move it up onto the seat, place where needed to hit set up % ages.

Good Luck !!
So basically your

butt will be almost touching the ground right?

1/4” left of center in back. Like in this pic correct?

View attachment 19432

Then 9 1/4” top of the back of the seat to the top of the axle.
Hopefully there is plenty of pedal adjustment on these. I assume so?

Back