Help: Fireball 125cc PRD not starting

Justinosteen

Hope some one can help me figure this out. The engine will not start. It is getting fuel and I checked the spark plug and there is a spark when it turns over. I have seen where it is a common problem for them not to start due to the ignition system. I have seen where some have installed a Lipo Battery. My question is, is the Lipo battery in addition to the regular battery? How would I go about wiring this up? I am a dirt 4-cycle guy that just wants to play on a local asphalt road course. Has anyone had the same experience with this setup?

Thank you,
Justin

did you try putting a little gas down the plug hole?
my leopard did the same thing and the gas down the plug hole worked.

Hope some one can help me figure this out. The engine will not start. It is getting fuel and I checked the spark plug and there is a spark when it turns over. I have seen where it is a common problem for them not to start due to the ignition system. I have seen where some have installed a Lipo Battery. My question is, is the Lipo battery in addition to the regular battery? How would I go about wiring this up? I am a dirt 4-cycle guy that just wants to play on a local asphalt road course. Has anyone had the same experience with this setup?

Thank you,
Justin
with the spark plug removed, the engine has no compression so it typically spins over faster with the starter , and you see spark at the plug. With the plug installed, many times the engine is not turning fast enough with the onboard starter to produce an adequate spark to fire the engine. You need a good , strong battery to spin it over fast enough. The simplest way to get it started is to use a remote starter, if you have one available or know someone who does. Instead of a standard battery charger, we use 12V 1 amp alligator clip power supplies to charge our Tag Batteries. If you leave it on overnight the battery usually tests at 14-14.2 volts with a multimeter. The karts start fine every time.

with the spark plug removed, the engine has no compression so it typically spins over faster with the starter , and you see spark at the plug. With the plug installed, many times the engine is not turning fast enough with the onboard starter to produce an adequate spark to fire the engine. You need a good , strong battery to spin it over fast enough. The simplest way to get it started is to use a remote starter, if you have one available or know someone who does. Instead of a standard battery charger, we use 12V 1 amp alligator clip power supplies to charge our Tag Batteries. If you leave it on overnight the battery usually tests at 14-14.2 volts with a multimeter. The karts start fine every time.

Thank you for that Mr Brown! That makes sense from the stuff I've been reading.

Justin

Back