help identifying possible 5 horse flatheads

70stage1

just about to buy these two flatheads today, real good pricing, the all red one i cant find a part number, and the so claimed 3 horse doesnt appear to have a govner... maybe a raptor with a gear reductor?
Screenshot 2024-01-09 1.42.02 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-09 1.53.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-09 1.42.30 PM.png

Looks like after thought carb.

Blower housing should have numbers stamped in side.

5 hp generally start with 13xxxxx.

Could also be 4 hp. Smaller bore.
Smaller head cc.

3 or 3.5 HP -- the 1st one has a 6:1 gear reduction on it...these were used in 1/4 midgets maybe 30 years ago.
Both are relics and best kept for vintage restoration if that's your intent.

A Raptor engine is simply the Motorsports Division's version of the 13 series flatheads. I can give you the whole history of them, but suffice to say that picking up a 13 series kart racing engine (Raptor or not) would be MUCH cheaper and better (US based engine) in the long run for any sort of mini-bike or backyard kart project.
$50 from JPM would be a good deal, even if they need freshened. We still rebuild these engines if you need. I could have picked a few up from him back in November for ya and saved a bundle on shipping.) :)
There's the OVKA Trade Show & Swap Meet in Ohio Feb 3rd....they'll have lots of old flatheads there cheap as well.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

for both its 80$. the engine without the carb is model number MODEL 61102 TYPE NO. 940638 SERIAL NO. 6219183

Back