Help Me Identify This Clutch Please

New to Karting. Picked this up from a guy, not sure of the brand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-0519.jpg
    IMG-0519.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG-0518.jpg
    IMG-0518.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 49
Great thanks for the help! He said that it had only been ran once. What I thought was kind of weird was that it had some blue coloring on the outside. Is that due to heat at some point or are those clutches just like that? Secondly, I bought this clutch to run a predator class. From what I have read, I need a fairly high engagement RPM for those motors, will this be a decent choice for my application?

Great thanks for the help! He said that it had only been ran once. What I thought was kind of weird was that it had some blue coloring on the outside. Is that due to heat at some point or are those clutches just like that? Secondly, I bought this clutch to run a predator class. From what I have read, I need a fairly high engagement RPM for those motors, will this be a decent choice for my application?
My first thought is after he put the fire out , seriously though it was pretty hot. looks like mine.
you do not want high engagement. are those green springs on there ?
do you have a caliper to measure with? how much material is left , it looks pretty thin.

So it does have a lightweight shoe with what I think is blue springs. I will check when I get back home tonight after work. What i really need then is like some brown springs to engage closer to around the 1800-2000 rpm mark? Do you think it will approach that low of an RPM engagement with brown springs considering the lightweight shoes?

The big question is how much material you have to work with .
Does it look like an 1/8th inch or a lot less ?
I tried the white and blue not happy with either .
Ovaltech1 might have a good setup.

ours gets that heat discoloration to it also. we run ours on our purple plate clone kart using black springs. works great for our application 14 tooth driver 66 rear gear. scuff the shoes up every other race or so with a brass wire brush and brake kleen them. I don't use oil on the needle bearing there are enough holes in that drum for contamination to get in there. also it looks like the shoes are set to push not pull, swap those around on the hub that helps a lot.

I do not have a caliper unfortunately. These pics may help you see a little better. Also OVALTECH1 what do you mean by the push/pull swap? Also on the scuffing of the shoes... I should scuff up that material?

Attachments

• IMG-0524.jpg
    IMG-0524.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-0523.jpg
    IMG-0523.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 19
That looks good.
Rotate the hub counter clock two slots . For pull , smooth engsgment.
Its currently in aggressive.
All assuming its installed with the chain sprocket on the inside closest to the engine. The Noram site has diagrams .
Disassembly required.

Thanks Flattop and OVALTECH, I will change that. Pull and Push now make since after you said "assuming the chain sprocket is closest to the engine", before I had no idea. And as far as springs go maybe try a brown or black - according to OVALTECH's setup suggestion?

Roger that. Also don't idle around the track during cautions, if they have a hard time getting lined up . It will get hot. Gas on it coast up on the inside or outside let off , on off on off . Few laps ok 10-15 not good .

You guys got this! Thanks Flattop. Yeah every other race we pull it down and go over it. Yes lightly scrub up the material with a soft brass brush to knock out any foreign material and clean it up with brake kleen. .

Back