Help picking engine and torque converter

aisler

Hi folks,

My son has asked for a new engine and torque converter set up for the go kart frame we were given. I am not sure exactly how to go about choosing this so I am hoping yall can point me in the right direction. Can I get some suggestions on a reasonably priced set up? Thanks in advance.

Up front none of the racing karts on here use torque converters but you will probably get info about them and engine.

HERE IS THE IMPORTANCE OF MY POST. PLEASE READ AND AT LEAST THINK ABOUT IT.

Torque converters are normally on fun karts.
If you received a fun kart which does NOT have down tubes on it to protect the head of the child, GET RID OF IT.

The number one cause of death and injury with OLDER fun karts is because a child runs under something and gets their head crushed or otherwise seriously injured.

It's NOT about it being a roll bar IT'S ABOUT YOUR KID RUNNING UNDER A PICKNIC TABLE OR CAR OR TRUCK OR SOMETHING ELSE like a low tree limb and getting killed.

I'm not trying to scare you i'm giving you FACTS.

If the tire from the ground to the top of the tire is greater than 13" than you should have a torque converter. Once the larger tires get on the kart it has to be a torque converter. A clutch will turn a tire 12" to 13" in diameter if the gearing is correct 10 tooth clutch needs a 60 tooth rear sprocket in the #41, #420, or #40 chain. If you have a #35 chain than you want a 12 clutch going to a 72 rear sprocket. Those numbers were etched in stone for every fun kart builder.

Back