HELP RESOLVE A PROBLEM PLEASE !!!

PrayRacing41

Racing with an animal motor and our competitors come to the grid with something dripping from there air filter which has a foam outerwear. They are untouchable for first part of the race, is there a tech rule for this that I can get them on.

Could be nitromethane.
Or nitro propane or propylene oxide. :)

My opinion; if whatever it is is dripping from a foam filter cover, it sure isn't filter oil. If they had that much filter oil in the cover, I would expect them to be slow initially and probably not improve much as the race goes on. Let us know if you or tech gets a handle on it.

Some tech guys will have you pull the filter and smell it. Not sure how the rule is on passing or failing due to smell though.

If the tech inspector finds a definable performance gain he can disqualify. This particular situation falls under spirit and intent. A knowledgible inspector will be able to determine if it is a performance enhancement.

Ask the flag man to hold the green flag 3 times , that will burn off a lot , see if he's still fast , he may be over heating his tires

could be a fuel oxygenator of sorts.... it had to be a blatant cheat move. nobody is coming to to the grid with a freshly cleaned wrap dripping of water or that much filter oil..... i mean come on. ive been wrong before but come on

could be a fuel oxygenator of sorts.... it had to be a blatant cheat move. nobody is coming to to the grid with a freshly cleaned wrap dripping of water or that much filter oil..... i mean come on. ive been wrong before but come on
True .
If they've done it right the carb and fuel line will be full also.

odd colored exhaust flame is tell tale .
Spirit and intent is in every rule book .

dripping fuel is a safety hazard , tech issue.
Did someone mention a cigar and wooden match:eek:

I think the foam around the air filter is containing some TYPE OF ADDIATIVE so I"m gonna ask the track to only allow outerwear on the air filter that is a screen mesh like I run. Thanks for the input everyone I knew I would get help

That will not stop it as quick as just have them address the issue, they cannot put that in place to quick a lot more guy's run foam VS outerwear that would not be prepared to change them, Seems pretty simple NO track should want any cheaters you point it out they watch for it when he comes to the grid they pull the foamy ,give him a new one to put on to race that gives them time to examine the foamy and monitor his performance see if there is a speed change then deal with it accordingly, I've been in the track promoters shoes I would handle the issue head on NOT put my other racers out requesting them to switch to something they currently don't have.

I think the foam around the air filter is containing some TYPE OF ADDIATIVE so I"m gonna ask the track to only allow outerwear on the air filter that is a screen mesh like I run. Thanks for the input everyone I knew I would get help

I'm with racing promotor and Jimbo on this one. In addition, if a track tells me that I have to run a screen mesh outerwear rather than a foam type because they are incapable of teching for additives, I'm going to find a new track to run - I do everything possible to keep dirt/dust out of the engine. For me, that includes running a properly oiled foamy rather than a mesh type cover; just my style, but I think the foamy does a better job, so I won't run where I have to run a mesh type outerwear. Just something more to think about.

Racing with an animal motor and our competitors come to the grid with something dripping from there air filter which has a foam outerwear. They are untouchable for first part of the race, is there a tech rule for this that I can get them on.

What did the tech man say?
It's not your job to "get them" on anything.
Your track should have a hired tech man who's responsibility is to make sure that everyone is competing legally.
Since you suspect they are illegal, mention it to the tech man and ask him to look into the problem.
Changing the rules is never going to work. Enforcing the rules that already exist is the way to proceed.
If your tech man doesn't address the issue to your satisfaction; find a new place to race.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If this was brought to my attention as a tech person, I would simply ask people to remove their filters on the grid for a quick inspection. Upon a visual inspection, I would pull out a barbecue grill lighter and ask if the competitor if there was anything I needed to know. I would light the flame inside the filter for a moment (and outside if necessary). If it turns into a ball of flame, that's a DQ.

Back