Help with a inherited kart

cjm3535

Hello my name is Chris, I used to race karts in the early 2000's and got out and went into the micro sprint and sprint car world so I am almost back to being a beginner with karts lol. My son who is 8 inherited a 1998-2001 Comet Mach 1 with a box stock Briggs Raptor motor. We cannot get the the motor to start and I was wondering where a good place to take it would be. We are In Kokomo Indiana which is an hour north of Indianapolis. Also he wants to dabble a little (nothing serious not getting back into that lifestyle) what are our options for possible classes and tracks to race at? I will try to attach photos later also.

Thank you so much for your help
Chris Martin

You could go to Comet Kart Sales in Greenfield Ind. or to Brian Carlson in Linden Indiana. Both would be great places to start.

Comet might be able to help with the chassis, but they don't do anything with flatheads anymore. That's where we come in. :)
We have always worked on flatheads and will continue until we're the last shop still servicing them. We have all parts in stock that you could ever need and rebuild flatheads regularly.

There's not much for central Indiana tracks left, so you'd have to travel a bit...Crawfordsville & Lake Village (limited schedule) are probably the two closest off the top of my head. There are several backyard tracks in the Kokomo & Peru area.

If there's ever anything we can help you with, please feel free to call the shop during business hours or reach out to me on here, our facebook page, or email.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Comet might be able to help with the chassis, but they don't do anything with flatheads anymore. That's where we come in. :)
We have always worked on flatheads and will continue until we're the last shop still servicing them. We have all parts in stock that you could ever need and rebuild flatheads regularly.

There's not much for central Indiana tracks left, so you'd have to travel a bit...Crawfordsville & Lake Village (limited schedule) are probably the two closest off the top of my head. There are several backyard tracks in the Kokomo & Peru area.

If there's ever anything we can help you with, please feel free to call the shop during business hours or reach out to me on here, our facebook page, or email.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Mr. Carlson if you don't mind sir can I email you later tonight? I'm a night shifter and just headed to bed but I would love to send you some pictures to identify the motor at least.

Back