Help with a Red Plate Clone

Guys I can do fine with a unrestricted clone , but just can't get a handle on this red plate clone. Any advice on cam, jetting, timing or any help would be appreciated.
What kinda RPM's are you guys getting out of a red plate ?

Dover Power

For us the engine itself is the same ( unrestricted or restricted) The carb is the main issue and feel heirs no substitute for the correct carb, in otherwords jetting is jst a bandaid,, not a fix..
Proper carb with correct fuel to air ratio is the trick..
Normally 5200-5400 rpms

For us the engine itself is the same ( unrestricted or restricted) The carb is the main issue and feel heirs no substitute for the correct carb, in otherwords jetting is jst a bandaid,, not a fix..
Normally 5200-5400 rpms
What do you typically turn a green plate at?

Normally 5200-5400 rpms

Jerry , can I buy one from the web site or do I need to call and order one ?
Never mind I looked on the web, and seen where I can order it for plate motors.

alvin l nunley

Site Supporter
Guys I can do fine with a unrestricted clone , but just can't get a handle on this red plate clone. Any advice on cam, jetting, timing or any help would be appreciated.
What kinda RPM's are you guys getting out of a red plate ?
I'm always interested in learning new things, so I hope that after you get the carburetor you'll let us know how it worked out.

bobbyq

I had about every plate carb jerry builds from green to blue . They worth every dime in my op . I think they use bigger jet help off idle to midrange . Keep engine from bogging .

Dover Power

On the Green and Purple Plates,,, regardlss of header size.. 5600-5900.. we've had a few customers sayng they would do a tic more and still pulling..

Dover Power

If ou are running our Holey Moses carb indeed it will.. Thats why we tell customers to not allow it to idle more than a couple minutes.. It can foul a plug..
Also we like the idle speed to be set atleast 2000 to 2200 range.. JD