Help with a Red Plate Clone

Guys I can do fine with a unrestricted clone , but just can't get a handle on this red plate clone. Any advice on cam, jetting, timing or any help would be appreciated.
What kinda RPM's are you guys getting out of a red plate ?

For us the engine itself is the same ( unrestricted or restricted) The carb is the main issue and feel heirs no substitute for the correct carb, in otherwords jetting is jst a bandaid,, not a fix..
Proper carb with correct fuel to air ratio is the trick..
Normally 5200-5400 rpms

For us the engine itself is the same ( unrestricted or restricted) The carb is the main issue and feel heirs no substitute for the correct carb, in otherwords jetting is jst a bandaid,, not a fix..
Normally 5200-5400 rpms
What do you typically turn a green plate at?

Normally 5200-5400 rpms

Jerry , can I buy one from the web site or do I need to call and order one ?
Never mind I looked on the web, and seen where I can order it for plate motors.

Guys I can do fine with a unrestricted clone , but just can't get a handle on this red plate clone. Any advice on cam, jetting, timing or any help would be appreciated.
What kinda RPM's are you guys getting out of a red plate ?
I'm always interested in learning new things, so I hope that after you get the carburetor you'll let us know how it worked out.

I had about every plate carb jerry builds from green to blue . They worth every dime in my op . I think they use bigger jet help off idle to midrange . Keep engine from bogging .

On the Green and Purple Plates,,, regardlss of header size.. 5600-5900.. we've had a few customers sayng they would do a tic more and still pulling..

If ou are running our Holey Moses carb indeed it will.. Thats why we tell customers to not allow it to idle more than a couple minutes.. It can foul a plug..
Also we like the idle speed to be set atleast 2000 to 2200 range.. JD

Back