Help with body work!

Jonjoe

I am new to karting and just go a chassis and put an engine on it. It is a white chassis, straight rail. I'm wanting to do sprint racing but am unsure what I need as far as body work on the kart. Any help would be great. Thanks

A very generic answer, but go to the tracks you will be racing on and see what everyone else is using. You might also be able to go on youtube or the track websites and find some videos of races that will show you what style others are using. That will at least tell you what style of body is popular at your tracks. As for brand of body, cant help you there.
For what it is worth, here is what we use. We have the first one in the list, the 159 dollar body. http://ufranks.com/cart/index.php?l=product_list&c=11 the cheaper bodies are popular at the tracks my son races at. Ours is fairly thin plastic, but it has held up well for 2 seasons racing and several hard crashes. My daughters kart has a fiberglass body that has the same shape and style. I have found I don't care for it, in a crash the fiberglass cracks and breaks easier than our plastic body.

I think the OP was thinking more along the lines of the 'bread box' type body work for sprint racing........ and all the newer styles that came after it.

Back