help with cams

Trey
I'd be happy to do that for you.
Call me on Tuesday.

Go with the Comp Cams GP308 (billet) cam. I like that cam with the roller rockers. If you feel comfortable doing a little machine work, use the Comp GP340 and cut it down to .300-.310 lift (whatever it takes to keep a good coil bind number). If you call Steve Swartz at Comp and tell him what you are doing, he will get you the right parts. 1-800-976-9376

Put a .356 Dyno or P Openwith their spring and retainer package. She'll run like a scalded dog, if the rest of the build is at least decent, and parts/springs are easily replaceable. Stock length push rods work well.
When you get the parts, just go ahead and order a second pair of springs only. Springs tend to be the part in all of these engines which kind of give up
and allow valve float. White stripe spring are what you want, and are quite inexpensive.

I'd use a .310" lift cam and 1.25 : 1 roller rockers.
If you go bigger than that you will get into coil bind issues.
I'd also go with big valves, big carb, billet rod, after market piston, Stroker kit and Methanol.
Hey jimbo would it coil bind if i use a 315 cam with 1.25 1 roller rockers and a set of 38 pound springs with chromoly push rods? And also i have a billet connecting rod i ordered from fastmotors it didn't come with bearing inserts is that normal to use rod without them?

Back