Help with chain

The chain alignment and making sure you chain guard is plenty tall are gonna be to biggy's. Personally on our stuff if the track is small enough that you have to have a 69 on the back on get the rpm's your looking for we move over to a jackshaft setup. If we have to get over a 65 on the rear we automatically setup the jackshaft. Cause 9-10 times on those small bullrings there rough and you take a chance of digging that gear in anyways. Low air pressure and that large of a gear is a no no in our neck of the woods.

You are running the circlip style snap ring and not a regular external snap ring right? And the correct snap ring to hold the driver in place? Different brands of drivers take different snap rings.

Does the chain only derail coming off the corner when you get back in the throttle?

Years ago when I was running opens on small tracks with similar gearing if the track had a lot of bite when I'd get back in the throttle hard after the apex I would toss a chain occasionally and intermittently.

The root cause ended up being the axle flexing... If there was sufficient bite in the track and maybe a tad rough of a surface it would scooch the lock collar outboard a tad and allow the axle to push through the bearing just enough to unwheel the chain.

I started keeping tabs on everything being locked down tight with a lot more vigilance, and machined myself a much improved locking collar design both inboard and outboard of the bearing and the trouble went away 100%.

It's a stupid simple thing, but that's always the stuff that got me.. lol.

Back