Help with damaged seals on right side tires?

Freck

I damaged 2 right side els tonight so that when I bead them they have a slight leak of air looking for suggestions on how to fix them to keep from wasting 2 brand new right side tires THX!!

That was my post that was quoted above. I ended up getting a couple to seal by applying a thick coat of black RTV silicone and letting the tire sit for a couple days before trying to mount them, then i applied another thick coat of RTV silicone to the bead surface of the wheel before putting the tire in the tire band and putting air to it. That worked for a few of them, but not for the ones with really chewed up beads. What i managed to get to work on the real bad ones was i used a tire plug like someone reccomended and pushed a piece of it into the tear in the bead, then put a layer of silicone over top of it and immediately put it on the wheel and put a little more silicone on the wheel before putting air to it and that worked for a couple of them. Had to trash a few tires that simply couldnt be fixed. You might consider taking them to a tire shop near you and see if they have a way to fix them, im sure they may. Take your wheels with you in case they do have a way

Back