Help with nitro

fasttommy

I have a 2.815 bore preditor 308 cam on methanol 390 carb anyone know how much to retard tuming and jet size. Thinking if running klotz nitro with coolanal

Nitropropane is produced industrially by combining propane and nitric acid in the gas phase at 350–450 °C (662–842 °F). This reaction produces the four industrially significant nitroalkanes: nitromethane,2 nitromethane, 1-nitropropane, and 2-nitropropane. So they are cousins.

Nitropropane is C3H7NO2
The C3H7 is an alcohol which is referred to as propane in this instance..
C3 is carbon, H7 is seven molecules of Hydrogen ( like they used in the Hindenburg)..
The NO2 Is 1 nitrogen and 2 oxygen atoms.

All of this means that it brings it's own fuel and Oxygen to the fight!!!. It is used in rocket fuel. And greatly lowers the octane rating when used in any fuel. It will detonate at lower compression rates. It will definitely will increase torque and Hp!
It is a toxic substance and the gases turn even more toxic after combustion. I definitely would not want to sit or race behind a kart running it.
To the best of my knowledge it is outlawed in all forms of kart racing.
Personally I would look for a better way to increase HP.
Cam, carb, bigger engine, stroker crank, More compression. bigger valves etc. I mean Illegal is illegal.
That is why I run open class. with straight Methanol.
But, But, But,,, I was outran last week by a kart with less hp but , Dam he was hooked up. I could touch his bumper on the straight but he got me in the turns. So now we go back to what is really the deal maker. TIRES , SETUP , SEAT TIME. He had those 3 thing in his bag of tricks. I missed it on tires. Not by much, but enough to not win.

Nitropropane is produced industrially by combining propane and nitric acid in the gas phase at 350–450 °C (662–842 °F). This reaction produces the four industrially significant nitroalkanes: nitromethane,2 nitromethane, 1-nitropropane, and 2-nitropropane. So they are cousins.

Nitropropane is C3H7NO2
The C3H7 is an alcohol which is referred to as propane in this instance..
C3 is carbon, H7 is seven molecules of Hydrogen ( like they used in the Hindenburg)..
The NO2 Is 1 nitrogen and 2 oxygen atoms.

All of this means that it brings it's own fuel and Oxygen to the fight!!!. It is used in rocket fuel. And greatly lowers the octane rating when used in any fuel. It will detonate at lower compression rates. It will definitely will increase torque and Hp!
It is a toxic substance and the gases turn even more toxic after combustion. I definitely would not want to sit or race behind a kart running it.
To the best of my knowledge it is outlawed in all forms of kart racing.
Personally I would look for a better way to increase HP.
Cam, carb, bigger engine, stroker crank, More compression. bigger valves etc. I mean Illegal is illegal.
That is why I run open class. with straight Methanol.
But, But, But,,, I was outran last week by a kart with less hp but , Dam he was hooked up. I could touch his bumper on the straight but he got me in the turns. So now we go back to what is really the deal maker. TIRES , SETUP , SEAT TIME. He had those 3 thing in his bag of tricks. I missed it on tires. Not by much, but enough to not win.
Man you aint kidding. Friend of mine used to run a star on methanol and rc nitro and that stuff made my nose burn and eyes water worse than an old mans fart lol.

I have a 2.815 bore preditor 308 cam on methanol 390 carb anyone know how much to retard tuming and jet size. Thinking if running klotz nitro with coolanal
I ran it 6oz to 1 gallon of M1. I made no jet or timing changes and noticed no difference either. My biggest gain was switching to
M5 VP.

Back