help with phenom setup

Triple3T

fighting loose kart, so loose when i let out gas i can feel rear trying to come around entering corner , left 57.8 -front 46 - cross 66 - RF-2.75 -LF .75
stagger front 1 1/2 - rear 1 - I have it close to what phenom setup recommends - was at 62 cross and 2 1/4 RF. setup sheet says add cross but it got worst
i can feel it down straight away rear end feel like its coming around . any help would be appreciated . on 1/5 mile dirt track is banked

never been loose like this only thing that different is small block animal is about 10lbs heavier than clone i been running running , could 10lbs on right side change setup/cross enough to cause kart to be this loose , i mean as soon let out gas in corner feel rear come around but its too loose cant stay in gas.

Yes you change numbers a good bit, is the 10 lb added in the middle of the seat ? If not where ? Or is the engine just 10 lb difference ?
I'd take the cross back out ( never adjust cross only for a major handling issue)
Lower LF camber to .25 would be my first move.
What is your caster split ?
Rear wheel spacing LR and RR inside edge of wheels to the frame ?

1/5 mile, that's pretty big track. I'm surprised you have to let off going in. Tracks that size, from what I've heard, have bigger radius turns. What would you estimate the track width is? The width across the infield. Close is good enough.

Surprisingly, changing from 66% cross, to 62%, doesn't change the percentages on the LR that much. Something like 7 pounds. What was your scale weight the last time you went racing? What track do you race at?

castor split - 8 -12 - RR- 3/16 - LS- 1/4 from wheel to frame - 39 1/2 track width on 8 1/4 LR wheel current motor is 10lb heavier its small block open motor
300 feet i'm guessing across infield , its about 850 feet around track, weigh 406 at scales, yes it is sweeping corners turns 1 goes down hill thats where i was worst loose and turn 3 go up hill kart not as bad. yes i would like to hold it without burping gas... in stock classes they do that.
As long im in gas it holds straight but even burp off gas you feel rear kick out.
East West raceways in woodland AL. & Will be going to Penton karting track , Lafayette AL.

You sure you dont have a cracked weld .
Open /mod is going in a lot faster then stocker .
Still mini lite brakes ? Your not trail braking it ?
The setup looks good . Like rp said less lf camber .
We ran less cross i think more in the 62 range .
Any rear steer ?

It is impossible for anyone to actually tell you how to setup your kart without knowing more about , track, prep, tires, grip of track, wet , dry.

On the Phenoms if the left rear is getting too much grip it will make it loose coming into the corner. Might try a little less cross? And maybe a little less left. and definitely less lF camber.
Run about 4 pts or more harder on left rear and at the track temporary adjustment of moving the left rear In or out.
. Spacing of rear tires is very important. 39 1/4 from outside edge of contact patch is where I had better results. RR out just far enough to keep it from hitting the frame.
Also I agree with Racing Promoter n every thing he said..
Might also look at prep program and play with air pressures!
You did not mentions, tires, type of surface, wet/dry, how much grip in track?
There are a lot of people on here that are true experts, Some of them probably run the same tracks that you run at. But they need all of the info to get the whole picture.
Just trying to help!

Confirmation, you added cross to get it to 66 % because of loose ? Which means you raced it with the heavier engine ?
Or you scaled it with the lighter engine, then switched to the heavier engine and raced it and now have the loose issue ?

yes added cross to get it to 66 , yes i had raced it week earlier with heavier engine and loose , probably need a better tire program , on a low grip dry track i am struggling , what can change to keep the rear of kart from trying to pass front , I have raced mostly wet track and good results on soft vega's , track was dry with some grip its open tire race so used vega really sponge soft probably wrong choice. So when i do get it out corners straight enough most of time spinning tire down straight when in gas and when get to next corner i just let out to set kart for corner but rear try's to step out way to much. i will check frame for cracks but i don't think so. so i appreciate everybody taking time to help , thanks

Yep mostly tires, spongy soft Vegas for wet track to soft there, but I'd still lower
LF camber to .25 pos for 1/5 mile.

Good luck !!

Back