Help with tire game...

I new to karting still.. looking for some help with tire info. Depth thin vs think tire or high duro vs low duro in what application for a wet vs dry track ? I run a low bite ovals 1/8 & 1/10. Thanks for help.

Better yet, what track(s)?
I'm familiar with most of the Ohio tracks - most are Burris only.
We'd be glad to help you with a simple and effective tire program.
You can learn some "basics" of tires (cutting, prepping, etc) on our website tech page:

http://www.carlsonmotorsports.com/CRETechDec.html
It's a bit dated now, but it'll give you some insight as you begin to learn more about tires.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Older date code stuff you can run full round (high crown) right sides. The 2017 and newer, you'll likely be on an intermediate cut (flat(er) between the dots) and only cut down the the first rib on the sidewall of a 33.
You'll need lots of bite in the tires.
At least a 5 wipe set to start with, then maybe a 3 wipe set for the feature.
With as wet as the spring has been, you can go softer on duro, but once we get some ground temperature up and the tracks start hardening up, you'll need something punching a bit harder --- but still with as much bite as you can get in them early on.
Car counts will also dictate how much bite you will need. More cars at the track = less bite needed in the tires.
A typical 60-70 car count local show deal you will want as much bite as you can get. Upwards of 100+ karts and you'll be backing off of the prep some. Big money races with high car counts and you'll be on little to no bite added, possibly just a conditioner.

Of course, any questions at all on our tire program or prep line, please don't hesitate to call us at the shop.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back