Help with Yerf Dog start button

lopezmike

Hello
I have a Yerf dog spiderbox gy6 150cc go kart that had ran fine until a couple months ago. We couldnt get it to start using the ignition switch. When we press the switch i hear a click in the back but the starter doesnt turn. And now i don’t hear anything so I replaced the starter solenoid thinking that was the problem and still no luck. It will start and run if I jump across the solenoid using a screwdriver but no luck unsing the switch. So I decided I wanted to go with a key start if I wanted to fix the issue. So if you could please help me wire and fix it, that would be great and really appreciated

The kart runs but it won’t turn on with the push button

Either the push button, or the wiring is bad.
Run new wires from the solenoid to a new push button.
Connect one of the wires to each of the posts you have been jumping to get the starter to work.

Either the push button, or the wiring is bad.
Run new wires from the solenoid to a new push button.
Connect one of the wires to each of the posts you have been jumping to get the starter to work.

Hey so that actually worked, so should I run new wires where the old ones went or new ones to the solenoid?

- - - Updated - - -

Run two wire's up to a push button , off the posts your jumping.

Hey that’s worked! So should I run new wires where the old ones were? Or run new wires to the solenoid?

You could isolate whether the problem is the pushbutton, or the wiring.
Connect the new pushbutton to the old wires. If it works, the pushbutton was bad.

If it does not work, connect the old pushbutton to the new wires. If that works, you have a broken wire, blown fuse, or bad relay. There may even be a neutral safety switch. Further diagnosis may be necessary.
I would start by checking if there is a fuse on the start circuit.

Wiring diagrams can be sometimes found online

You could isolate whether the problem is the pushbutton, or the wiring.
Connect the new pushbutton to the old wires. If it works, the pushbutton was bad.

If it does not work, connect the old pushbutton to the new wires. If that works, you have a broken wire, blown fuse, or bad relay. There may even be a neutral safety switch. Further diagnosis may be necessary.

Wiring diagrams can be sometimes found online

Ok thanks I’ll try it tomorrow

Can I just wire two new wires to the solenoid and start button? Cause the the old wires with the new button didn’t work

There you go . Everything you need. Ohm meter and some time
Chasing wires , fuse's and switch's .
One end of that relay is high current that will melt wire.

The cdi box is not included in the start circuit. Hence, no effect.

Likely culprit is the brake switch, there to prevent starting without holding the brake, to prevent runaway.
If you cannot picture the need for this, probably should seek professional assistance for the rest.

I Seem to have led you down the wrong path, with the wiring . I apologize not giving the correct information will lead to other problems.

with this and the circuit provide by 95shaw it should be a simple fix.

Goggle how a solenoid works and study the wiring diagram . also basic electric circuits .

An ohm meter and test light are all you should need .
both simple easy to learn tools.

As Stated bypassing the safety switch is a bad idea .

Put the original solenoid back on as that is something you've already changed.
with no effect or worse .
I'm confident you can cure this in one afternoon , start at the beginning and follow through each step in the testing process.

Well my brake safety switch has been bypassed and that’s how I got it and the push button worked before.

There is an example of not repairing the problem, just bypassing the first symptom.

If you do not find the problem, your new pushbutton will have a short life as well.

Back