Hemi issue

New hemi used for racing purposes. This engine is being used in the beginner red plate class the problem iam having is when you give it throttle its sucking tons of air through the filter so inturn we are loosing power somewhere. I cant figure out why its sucking so much air. Big air filter with adapter,along with a header pipe. It is sucking hard enough to hear it going around the track. Anyone have any ideas? Ive sprayed around the carburetor and intake with no luck of finding a air leak

Like mike said...gaskets. Even though you may not find an air leak make sure nothing is torn or installed incorrectly. They all go only 1 way. I dont know much about running plates but is it sealed between the plate? Is it jetted right and everything?

Like mike said...gaskets. Even though you may not find an air leak make sure nothing is torn or installed incorrectly. They all go only 1 way. I dont know much about running plates but is it sealed between the plate? Is it jetted right an

Like mike said...gaskets. Even though you may not find an air leak make sure nothing is torn or installed incorrectly. They all go only 1 way. I dont know much about running plates but is it sealed between the plate? Is it jetted right and everything?
Using stock jets,gasket on both sides of plate.

I was kinda wondering that same thing but its a brand new engine basically
Hey man it doesnt hurt to check. Check torque on head bolts first if you don't suspect head gasket. But honestly it could well be a head gasket because you could have a messed up one since the quality control on these motors isn't worth a dang.

Wouldnt it run poorly aka lean, and be extremely hot with all that extra air?

Also we have only had a few gasket leaks
, and on dirt it caused other major problems before I was able to worry about the leak. (Dirty fuel and carb)

We run a hemi and wish they would run restrictors because of the speeds im seeing so far without them.

If you're hearing it then I'd lean more toward the head gasket since you really shouldn't hear anything significant from the intake, especially if it's restricted. The head gasket makes sense (to me) if it's loud enough to hear while on the track, especially if you're not out there alone. Air coming out under pressure is going to be rather loud whereas if it's sucking it in via a leaky intake gasket, not so much...or at least not so much that it'd be that noticeable by comparison.

Using stock jets,gasket on both sides of plate.

Just because theyre on there doesnt mean they not on upside down or flipped over. On the carb-to-spacer the little hole needs to be on the upper left side. And the sutout on the air filter gasket needs to be on the upper right side.

Just because theyre on there doesnt mean they not on upside down or flipped over. On the carb-to-spacer the little hole needs to be on the upper left side. And the sutout on the air filter gasket needs to be on the upper right side.
Pretty sure thats where it is. Ill snap some photos when i get home as well as a short video

Wouldnt it run poorly aka lean, and be extremely hot with all that extra air?

Also we have only had a few gasket leaks
, and on dirt it caused other major problems before I was able to worry about the leak. (Dirty fuel and carb)

We run a hemi and wish they would run restrictors because of the speeds im seeing so far without them.
It really doesn't run awful which i was expecting it too. Very,very sluggish on the hit of throttle.

20220516_175611.jpg

Back