Hemi vs non hemi

fasttommy

Which is a better choice for kids purple plate class. A hemi or non hemi can run weenie pipe and take governor out. Looking for fact not opinion . Dyno test would be great.

Are there any stipulations to running the hemi? I've seen alot of rule books call for the hemi to weigh more, I've also seen rules say this is the last year the hemi will be allowed. Do you have an engine builder? I know some guys like one over the other. We have only ran the non hemi and have had great success with it. I have heard that the hemi has been getting guys dq'd right out of the box because of the quality control issue's, and this is also the last year it will be manufactured. I know this doesn't answer your question but all questions you should ask yourself before deciding what to run.

Are there any stipulations to running the hemi? I've seen alot of rule books call for the hemi to weigh more, I've also seen rules say this is the last year the hemi will be allowed. Do you have an engine builder? I know some guys like one over the other. We have only ran the non hemi and have had great success with it. I have heard that the hemi has been getting guys dq'd right out of the box because of the quality control issue's, and this is also the last year it will be manufactured. I know this doesn't answer your question but all questions you should ask yourself before deciding what to run.
No weight issue u can run the dyno cams 212 that comes with plv flywheel

If one can run the lighter flywheel then i would say thats the one that will have an advantage. We had a local class that allowed stock HF's with stock flywheel or the ducar with its alum flywheel. Ducar hands down in that situation

If one can run the lighter flywheel then i would say thats the one that will have an advantage. We had a local class that allowed stock HF's with stock flywheel or the ducar with its alum flywheel. Ducar hands down in that situation
Absolutely, I believe the Ducar comes with more timing built into it as well. That's a no brainer.

Back