Here is some interesting information for you on humidity.

alvin l nunley

Site Supporter
I live in Liberty Hill Texas, and the online weather report says the temperature right now is 38°and the relative humidity is 74.7%. Figure that one out.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
Tuning is tough! (Al Nunley)

yesterday was 56 and 100 percent.....we were dripping humidity!!

hopeubrungenough.....anything after 10 below is just plain cold!! :) know well a few days that hit 95 below (178 below with wind chill)....but that was thule air base, greenland!! and it ain't green!!!

WOW!
And I was concerned because the temp was going into the 40's last night. It's about 65 now tho, fairly early yet in the A.M.

does that white stuff falling from the sky qualify as humidity? we don't get that down here in middle georgia....thank the Lord!!

The dew point will tell you how much moisture is in the air. When dew point and temperature are the same you have fog & 100% humidity.
Currently it is 61 temp 55 dew point 89% humidity.

dew point/humidity

The dew point will tell you how much moisture is in the air. When dew point and temperature are the same you have fog & 100% humidity.
Currently it is 61 temp 55 dew point 89% humidity.

Hate to appear stupid, although I'm Olympic Gold material in that area, but I always thought humidity was an indication of how much moisture was in the air. What exactly is the difference between humidity and dew point

Hate to appear stupid, although I'm Olympic Gold material in that area, but I always thought humidity was an indication of how much moisture was in the air. What exactly is the difference between humidity and dew point
Hot air can hold more water vapor than cold air. For a given humidity, if the temperature falls below the point where water vapor condenses, you have reached the dew point.
From Wikipedia;
The dew point is the temperature below which the water vapor in air at constant barometric pressure condenses into liquid water at the same rate at which it evaporates. The condensed water is called dew when it forms on a solid surface.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Back