Hey does anyone race in Michigan

I'm from southwest Michigan, this was our first year and we ran Plymouth IN, Berlin (which was an awful experience overall) and Stateline in Ohio. Everything else is over 2 hours and the rules are too different than Plymouth (which is gone now) and State line.

Would like to switch to wedges, but as far as I know they cap at 15 years old, which only my son races now, but eventually Dad wants a kart soo, I'm in quite the pickle.

Looks like wedgies are kind of the same deal, maybe a few extra tracks, but they feel like a different bunch. Kind of like quarter midget racers, just not quite my people or type of racing

I'm from southwest Michigan, this was our first year and we ran Plymouth IN, Berlin (which was an awful experience overall) and Stateline in Ohio. Everything else is over 2 hours and the rules are too different than Plymouth (which is gone now) and State line.

Would like to switch to wedges, but as far as I know they cap at 15 years old, which only my son races now, but eventually Dad wants a kart soo, I'm in quite the pickle.

Looks like wedgies are kind of the same deal, maybe a few extra tracks, but they feel like a different bunch. Kind of like quarter midget racers, just not quite my people or type of racing
You don't like circle track?

I like circle track racing, and im not sure where you read that I didn't lol. I just don't like quarter midgets and or mini wedges as much as I do flat kart racing.

Quarter midgets and mini wedges seem to be more like "club style" racing in our area.

I was just trying to answer your "do you race in Michigan?" question and figured you were looking for more than a simple "yes" lol

I race flat karts in southwest Michigan, but there are only 2 tracks within 2 hours and it sucks

I like circle track racing, and im not sure where you read that I didn't lol. I just don't like quarter midgets and or mini wedges as much as I do flat kart racing.

Quarter midgets and mini wedges seem to be more like "club style" racing in our area.

I was just trying to answer your "do you race in Michigan?" question and figured you were looking for more than a simple "yes" lol

I race flat karts in southwest Michigan, but there are only 2 tracks within 2 hours and it sucks
True,
I love mini wedges and flat karts too, mini wedges are pretty cool not gonna lie, but flat karts are for all ages at least, we were gonna race a mini wedge at Berlin Raceway last year but due to the

But due to the age limit on mini wedges and we still didn't have everything we said f it because I would only ne able to race for 2 years because I was 14 and now im 15 so we would've did this year, and next year abd then I would have to move up, plus racing isn't cheap, so to race full time then sell it to move up to stock cars with only 2 years of experience in karts would be not enough experience, so we bought a flat kart and I started off in the pure stock predator class at Jackson Speedway and won my first ever race, I plan to race at Owosso motorsports park, and Arthur Raceway next year in mid Michigan, im from southeast Michigan, i race my flat kart on dirt oval, my goal is to race stock cars weekly at Berlin Raceway one day

We raced flat karts at Berlin and it was awful. Just a bunch of adults racing in a club and we showed up and no one even talked to us. They were good with what they had for drivers and it was annoying.

Again, we've tried to talk to mini wedge guys, but they are cheating them up so bad, you can't just buy new, or good used, and be somewhat competitive. You have to buy blueprinted everything from a special guy only a few people know. That's club style racing to me and it ruins the sport. I got away from quarter midget racing as quick as I got to it, for that same reason.

Kart racing is like the stock car of short track racing. You can be creative and move around to find where you're good and still have fun.

Its OK to show up to the track and learn the old fashion way, but going week after week and upgrading and tweaking and making 0 progress and getting your butt kicked. Most people would agree, no thanks.

Good luck in whatever you do! If I find a track between us, I'll post on here!

Last edited:
We raced flat karts at Berlin and it was awful. Just a bunch of adults racing in a club and we showed up and no one even talked to us. They were good with what they had for drivers and it was annoying.

Again, we've tried to talk to mini wedge guys, but they are cheating them up so bad, you can't just buy new, or good used, and be somewhat competitive. You have to buy blueprinted everything from a special guy only a few people know. That's club style racing to me and it ruins the sport. I got away from quarter midget racing as quick as I got to it, for that same reason.

Kart racing is like the stock car of short track racing. You can be creative and move around to find where you're good and still have fun.

Its OK to show up to the track and learn the old fashion way, but going week after week and upgrading and tweaking and making 0 progress and getting your butt kicked. Most people would agree, no thanks.

Good luck in whatever you do! If I find a track between us, I'll post on here!
Yeah about Berlin the karting there is not for points its just for fun no rules btw, I emailed nick rice along time ago and i asjed for the karting rulebook abd he responded with that,
Thank you, a track that is close to both of us would be Owosso motorsports park

Back