Hey Guys and Gals, How long have you been using the same Chassis / Kart?

That depends a lot on the bite of the track I would think too.
I would take any of our Vector AO3 or AO4 chassis to a low/no bite track and feel very comfortable with our chances of winning. On the other hand, I wouldn't even consider taking a kart that old to a big race with big car counts on high bite tracks as it would be flat locked into the race track and suffer roll speed.
The same could be said of some other brands of chassis -- the Phantom Phenom comes to mind. There are still plenty of races being won on low bite tracks with them, as well as some of the biggest syrup events.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We have an 8 year old DR S97 which my Son road races with an X30 on it. It's getting a little tired. Doesn't quite adjust as well as it use to. Meaning you have to go further with adjustments to see the same change.
We also have 2 Margay Ignites (2 and 3 years old), which we also road race in the CIK 206 class. They may be fine until a better chassis design comes along. A 206s 9 HP certainly won't wear them out!
In our experience, less HP classes don't wear out chassis' very fast. But you do need to stay with the times, so to speak. If something much better comes along, get one.
In the high HP sprint racing classes, like shifters (40+HP) and Tags (32ish HP) you may need to get a new chassis every year to stay competitive at the highest levels (like SKUSA). Local racing not so often.
As for your Margay. It should be fine with a 206 on it for quite some time. Or until a better mouse trap comes along.
Others results may vary,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

I've got a old Olsen x chassis that came over on the Mayflower with big Hp. that's fun for local stuff but people stare and ask how does that thing compete. The setup is no where near my new karts lol later Chuck.

I run a 02 and 05 tempest in the Midwest and they are still fast and run with the new karts unless there is a lot of bite then you better make sure you have the right tires to try to keep your roll speed up.

I ran an 05 Ultramax Blaze Octane for a long time and recently sold it and am sorry I did. Best all around kart I've had handling wise. Also still have a 06 Twister SS that has won in every class it has been run in, Green plate thru small block open. Once the sweet spots were found we have hardly ever had to change anything on both karts. Also have 2 newer karts and while they might be a tiny bit faster when they are right, never give you a lot of confidence that we will be fast when we hit new tracks, at least not without a lot of work.

I run a 02 and 05 tempest in the Midwest and they are still fast and run with the new karts unless there is a lot of bite then you better make sure you have the right tires to try to keep your roll speed up.
Ditto, I have an 08V.2 and it could run with brand new karts all day. Now its resting in basement.

I'm still rocking an 05 Infiniti R1 and an 08 Jon Ivers Concept and on a local level they have both been parked in victory lane yearly!

Back