High Tech Flathead

You Say older depending how old they did not turn them 7000 then.
we turned stock rod WKA flatheads at 7100 in 99 with zero issues, though many vented blocks with the cheap rods that people were buying.
I dont ever use the driver to determine rpms ran, whats the lap times tell you? where are you getting beat up off the corner or end of straight?
Hows the Temps look?
Is the pipe correct for the track? is the motor a big track engine or short track?
Plenty of questions to answer

Our inertia dyno showed the flathead to be sensitive to to pipe. Some big pipes made good power then fell off the table at 7k. Others were a point shy of peak power but held it and tapered off. We got to preferring these so we could gear a little shorter and get better drive off the corner. I got a skinny little weeny pipe in a box of parts from a friend and it ended up being the go to pipe for my Dover adult flatheads. Go figure the pipe I got for free worked better than the ten I bought from the top names.

DK

Our inertia dyno showed the flathead to be sensitive to to pipe. Some big pipes made good power then fell off the table at 7k. Others were a point shy of peak power but held it and tapered off. We got to preferring these so we could gear a little shorter and get better drive off the corner. I got a skinny little weeny pipe in a box of parts from a friend and it ended up being the go to pipe for my Dover adult flatheads. Go figure the pipe I got for free worked better than the ten I bought from the top names.

DK
best pipe we had was a muffled pipe made of stainless by profab

Back