Higher bite chassis for EL

CodyH00

Just thinking out loud. It is known that ELs have less bite so would it be possible that you could do better on an older chassis that naturally has more bite compared to newer chassis that don't? Also which of the older chassis carry more bite ? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area

old chassis for swamps, new chassis for anything harder.
an old chassis flexes too much, transfers weight too slow to be fast on harder tracks.
New chassis have way more bite in them than the tires can handle.
You're posting alot on EL's, you do kow when the clones started the EL was a spec tire for all classes, it wasnt long til they discovered the EL's were no more a budget tire than any other, dont think so? let me see if I can get you in touch with Dee Paschel , youll find out youll spend way more money on el's to run up front, no different with any tire

Posting just to learn what I can. Tried reading as much as possible. Only stuff on here relating to EL is setup and prep. Figured it would be a good idea to ask around before getting into EL racing.

Posting just to learn what I can. Tried reading as much as possible. Only stuff on here relating to EL is setup and prep. Figured it would be a good idea to ask around before getting into EL racing.
The reason is the EL is an old tire, it was found out it takes just as much money and knowledge to run competitive on them, like I said for ALL of clone classes several years ago everyone in that part of the country had to run EL's it was a spec tire
The fresher the tire the quicker it was, guys were buying new sets to run every week, cutting them to nothing and then throwing them away, trust me the EL isnt a budget tire.

Out of curiousity would you consider a phenom to be a high bite chassis ? Also in your opinion could a phenom be competitive locally on ELs ? Or Ht3 for that matter

Phenom is a versatile chassis, the local level night races it's a great chassis, it will be off a little for high entry day races, but can still be very competitive, we have the XXX a chassis the phenom was based off of and it's the same way

Just wondering who "we" is exactly ? Not being disrespectful just don't know. I have had this account for close to 5 years just started using it since I got the orders back to the east coast

Just wondering who "we" is exactly ? Not being disrespectful just don't know. I have had this account for close to 5 years just started using it since I got the orders back to the east coast
We is my team, we were sponsored by a chassis company for 9 years and I worked for the company as well, still do tech support for them.
so We is myself, my now 26 yr old son who started racing karts at 7, now its him and my grand kids when my son has time, he's a crew chief on a super latemodel and they travel
We have have 7 karts all together all Infiniti chassis

Awesome. Hope I didnt offend you. When i asked i figured you were affiliated with a chassis company. I was just wondering which one.:)

Awesome. Hope I didnt offend you. When i asked i figured you were affiliated with a chassis company. I was just wondering which one.:)
not offended, im not affiliated with Infiniti any more, but im still loyal to the brand, always will be they are like family.
Doesnt matter what people ride to me, they all have the same adjustments, and anyone can win at any given time

Very true. I have only really riden 2 chassis and this was in 2012 2013 and that was a 2011 predator at least that was what we were told. We only ever got it to run good for my little brother in blue plate. And a 2008 ? Phenom maybe it was 2005 idk. But I'm definitely what you would call limited experience when it comes to chassis

Back