Hillard Drum Clutch Springs?

LoadedDice90

Hey guys! My class runs stock predators with governor installed. My motor is completely bone stock. Last night I finished 2nd and kept reeling the leader in but then a caution would come out. On restarts, I lost a lot of ground and never had a long enough green flag to catch back up. I'm thinking this is due to my clutch. It seems to take forever before it actually engages...

It is a Hillard clutch with the Bully conversion but I don't think it has the right springs for this class. I just bought it used not realizing I needed to do anything different than the previous owner (not sure what motor he ran but it wasn't predator). My question is, what springs should I get for it? I've heard some folks say white at the track but I want to make sure before I buy the wrong thing.

Thanks for the help!

I was going to say whiteas well .
even a set that are lighter would be good .
shipping is going to be more then the springs most likely so maximize that shipping cost .
finding the fastest set up is experimentation.

Hey guys! My class runs stock predators with governor installed. My motor is completely bone stock. Last night I finished 2nd and kept reeling the leader in but then a caution would come out. On restarts, I lost a lot of ground and never had a long enough green flag to catch back up. I'm thinking this is due to my clutch. It seems to take forever before it actually engages...

It is a Hillard clutch with the Bully conversion but I don't think it has the right springs for this class. I just bought it used not realizing I needed to do anything different than the previous owner (not sure what motor he ran but it wasn't predator). My question is, what springs should I get for it? I've heard some folks say white at the track but I want to make sure before I buy the wrong thing.

Thanks for the help!
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the help!
INFO : Hillard corp. 100 West Forth St., Elmira , NY. , 1490 , phone 607 733 7121 . hillardextremeduty.com lots info. as to installation, maintenance, springs etc. . the "Inferno" clutch has the "FURY", "FLAME" , " FIRE" likely one of these is what you have ! - - - - you can change springs using say 2white sprgs & 2black sprgs or other opposing combinations 2&2 .

I would be tempted to try the reds for sure the yellows .
It most likely has 4 blacks so white is the safe bet .
If I'm not mistaken the springs can be changed on the kart .
Of course you might have to be a surgeon ?

Yeah I was wondering if I should go even lower. I took mine apart and it is really easy to change them but I do have to remove the clutch from the motor to do it. Just wasn't sure what RPM I wanted them to start grabbing at. What I have on the clutch now are black.

Back