Hillard flame clutch springs

Hello,

we are racing in a beginner 206 class with a long black slide on dirt oval, I bought a hillard flame bully conversion clutch and was wondering what springs or weights I will need to get the fastest engagement, we are running a smaller track with short straightaways, I have a vortex red dual disc on it Now but I think it engaging a little faster will help us get off the corner better Because it’s pretty lazy right now. Any help is appreciated!!

thanks!

On those the orange springs will always be the lowest rpm or quickest to engage. They will differ 100/200 rpm or so depending on the shoes and if they are weighted.

When the clutch is holding the engine at peak torque RPM (if you don't know where peak torque occurs on the RPM scale, find out) that torque is transferred to the rear axle through the chain. With peak torque at the axle, you have peak HP at the axle. That's what you want to do, find out at what RPM
the engin go to Wikipedia e reaches peak torque.
Engines don't make HP, HP is a calculation of how fast the engine is producing torque. Torque x RPM / 5252.1 = HP.
Go to Wikipedia and read up on James Watt, he first coined the word "horsepower" back in the 1800s.

2B10F43D-A9AF-43C8-ABE7-7B0DF9DCDFA3.jpeg

Back