Hillard Flame question

I have been running a Bully 14 tooth driver. I was look at the drum today. I have not been using a snap ring for a Bully driver. I have a new 13 tooth Bully driver coming. I will make sure and use the correct snap ring. I have read this can cause trouble. I don't know how I ended up the one I was using. May have been some of my trouble when I tried to run them leading.

They look they are to me. Only thing I see is chain adjustment. I have never had one that ran smooth. Always have a slight tight spot. I have tried everything. Even bought a new motor mount.
Was going to try the leading shoes tomorrow but it looks like we are going to get rained out.

You may need to start with a fresh set of shoes. Switchign them back and forth is causing different wear patterns and not allowing them to properly "seat" completely. Or, if you have the patience, wait a few runs until they can seat properly in leading format. Either way, they will not feel good the first couple runs after switching them.

Going to try this. Have them in the leading position. Running 2 black and 2 yellow springs. Using two heavy brass weights in the trailing edge of two shoes and two light weights trailing in the other two shoes. Going to see what happens.
I did find that i had been using the wrong driver snap ring. It wasn't closing enough. I have a Bully snap ring on it now. I read where that could cause some problems. Hope we get to race tomorrow or I may go up to the school parking lot. I think I will be able to tell if I did any good.

Is the snap ring a full circle ?
The ones with the cut outs can slip off if not located with a cap screw or button head screw .

I bought some heavy and light weights to use. I only bought two of each not thinking I needed four of each. I will go ahead and order two more and run all heavy like you said. Thought we were going to get to race today but it's raining.
The one I am using now is a Bully with the screw in the drum. I believe I will be ok now.

I bought some heavy and light weights to use. I only bought two of each not thinking I needed four of each. I will go ahead and order two more and run all heavy like you said. Thought we were going to get to race today but it's raining.
The one I am using now is a Bully with the screw in the drum. I believe I will be ok now.
you run stock predator correct ?, and you on a 13tooth at savage.

I think most are but I have been running a 14/58 at 4800 to 4900 but for some reason I have gotten slower. My best lap ever was a 11.35. Last race my best was a 12.05. Blaze did reshape 1 and 2 a little with the tires. Rounded the turn off more. It did make the line a hair longer.

I think most are but I have been running a 14/58 at 4800 to 4900 but for some reason I have gotten slower. My best lap ever was a 11.35. Last race my best was a 12.05. Blaze did reshape 1 and 2 a little with the tires. Rounded the turn off more. It did make the line a hair longer.
a 14/58 sounds more correct, but yall have to run them mud grips over there, so that takes a lot of power out them predators, on slicks I would be on a 15 driver over there.

Back