Hillard flame with bully driver

bullerman

Saturday night when I was out on the track at slower speed it almost felt like something was loose. At slow speeds I could feel a jerk in the drive train. Everything was tight when I checked. Could it be the chain was to loose? I did throw a chain I n the feature. Might have just been running it to loose. Just installed a chain guard.
Just installed a chain guard.

Gear halves not matched up correctly? It's easy to do in a hurry.
Gear bent, or chain has a tight link after throwing it?
Motor not square to rear axle causing chain to bind?
Axle or hub bent?

Roll the axle slowly and see if your chain tension changes throughout the complete rotation.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Clutch chatter is probably what I felt. Everything was tight and straight .
The end play is right i believe. A friend of mine gave me one of the Ultra Max roller chain guides. I am going to use it. Should it just barley put a little pressure on the chain. I think I will get the chain adjusted to where it is just a little to loose and roll the guide up to where it adjust chain tension to where it seems right. Don't guess there is any certain angle it should be. Can't find any information on the guide. The track i run on is super rough.

Ran last night. I tried shoes with the thin part of the shoe running forward. I call it the leading edge myself. One again I got a lot of chatter if that's what it is. I w a s afraid I was going to break the chain. When it wasn't chattering it did seem to have a more positive engagement but I don't like it doing all that. Probably going to turn the shoes back like I had them with the thick rounded off nose to the front.
Was running a 14/62. Finally got in the 4950 rpm range. First race I threw away. Tried something different with tires. Went back to the combination a ran last race. Started 4th got to third quick. Had trouble getting by the second place kart. When I did 1st place had a good lead but I was catching him every lap but ran out of laps about three laps short.

Back