Hillard fury clutch question

krtrcn

I currently is a fury on my predators, because that's what the rules are. I really like them, works well, and easy to maintain.

Will this clutch work as well on a clone. I run a 425 weight class.

Thanks

I would think you would want to raise the engagement rpm setting on your clutch to better match the increased torque of the built clone engine over the previous Predator engine you were running.
Predator engines normally need the engagement of the clutch around 32-3400 rpm whereas most of the built clones (AKRA/NKA) are now around 38-4000 rpm.
Springs are available to change the engagement rpm - that should be the only change you need to make.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
28 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I changed the shoes at the end of each season. 4 black springs will get you closer to the engagement you need, or you can stack springs, 4 black springs on bottom and 4 white springs on top may get you close to 4000, can't remember for sure with the Fury since we always used 4 black springs mostly. I switched to the flame and it was the best shoe clutch I had seen, uses weights along with springs which allows you to fine tune the engagement even more than the fury. You can update your fury with flame shoes and weight kit easily

Back