Hilliard Fury help

My 5 year old just started racing a Jr champ kart at our local track in the kid division. We’re new at all this and have little idea what we’re doing and trying to learn as we go. It has a JrLO206 Briggs engine carb is pinned there’s no plate with a 4100 rev limiter. 250 minimum weight. He seems much slower off the line then the others. Once he’s going he seems ok. My question is we have a Hilliard Fury clutch and are using 4 white springs. Do I need to change springs our should we try a different clutch like the flame or blaze? We’re running an 1/8th mile clay oval. Any help would be great. Thanks I’m advance.

I couldn't say for sure a flame or blaze would grab better .
Trying 2 black and 2 white first . With a good clean up and sanding of the drum and shoes .
Then if it improves 4 black .
Driver reaction plays in also .
Can the coil be changed ?

No it’s the green coil I believe it has to remain a stock Junior LO206. I try experimenting with springs and see what happens.

Make sure when you reassemble that you don't put the shoes
in backwards. Don't ask why I would say that.
You can't put a fury's shoes in backwards. They are a symmetrical shoe. As far as a flame, Hilliard recommends "leading" but also says they can be ran in either orientation.

Hilliard_Inferno_Flame_Shoe_PointKarting.com_150x150.png

My bad on the Fury shoes. This was the shoe (Flame ?) that I kept putting
in backwards by assembling it for the direction of rotation correctly off
the engine then it being 180* out when installed.

Back