Hitting tires

bullerman

Track owner uses tires to define the turns. The karts keep hitting them and moving inside of the track in. It starts throwing loose dirt or sand on the track.
What do some other tracks do to define the track that doesn't move? The track is well banked. By the time the races are over with the karts are running on the flat part of the track. I told him to put something there that doesn't give a lot. Just don't know what.

Old large tractor tires or 18 wheeler tires. After they hit them once, they will learn that they don't move easily. As far as I'm concerned, metal objects around the track is asking for a law suit.

I had forgot about the farm disk. I did run a track that used them a long time ago. You didn't want to run over them I remember.
He has some large tires. I may suggest that. He needs to do something. Thanks for the suggestions.

The first track I raced on had a good dirt berm. You didn't hit that. That was before I had a body on mine. Berm worked good though.

Tell him to use a rototiller on the inside then put the tires back. That cheater move will no longer be an option. Till it every 3 weeks

Black flag the racer who hits the tire. Our local track uses the discs, as it is primarily an AMA flat track. It is extremely obvious when a cart hits the disc as they are launched 4 to 6 inches into the air.

Our local track uses the discs and they work great. I know first hand unfortunately 🤦🏼‍♂️ Bent a LF spindle and was done for the night because I didn’t have a spare( have 2 fresh spare sets in the trailer now lol). I don’t agree with driving a stake through them though. They are very heavy and will move if hit hard enough but definitely upset the kart enough to make people to avoid hitting them

Large implement tires. Once you hit one of those and tear the left front corner off a kart you'll try and make sure you never do it again! Otherwise, dig a hole at the edge of the track deep enough to sink a small car tire in standing up (off the wheel of course) and bury it so the bead is about 2-3 inches above the ground level. paint 'em white or yellow and see how the guys like ramping over them. They'll figure it out quick enough.

I've wondered about old kart tires filled with dirt and submerged to the top of bead circle, placed so the arc is inline with travel instead of sideways. Or these.
1645803504645.png

I had forgot about the farm disk. I did run a track that used them a long time ago. You didn't want to run over them I remember.
He has some large tires. I may suggest that. He needs to do something. Thanks for the suggestions.
I don't like the metal disk, they take the powder coat off the bottom of the kart, I don't like to scratch my kart!!, Savage has 40ft of track but you have to stay on the bottom because its so sandy and slick, I don't know why he made so much banking, you cant use it.

I don't like the metal disk, they take the powder coat off the bottom of the kart, I don't like to scratch my kart!!, Savage has 40ft of track but you have to stay on the bottom because its so sandy and slick, I don't know why he made so much banking, you cant use it.
If he used the metal disc you would use the , banking if they were placed accordingly, you don't wanta scratch the bottom of your frame, real simple don't hit the disc.

I got an idea. have the track owner pay all the racers mothers and grandmothers to plant flowers on the inside of the corners and have them at the flag stand with a black flag and a switch. Save the kart loose your backside.
it's funny the people rationalizing hitting the deterrent that is meant NOT TO GET HIT.

Back