Holey Moses Carb Issues

KeenanBurr

I am running in a blue plate boxstock clone class (although motors are most definitely not stock) with a blaze martin clone. I've been trying to get used to a new track, and narrowing down issues one by one. Im now running the same gear's as the top 3 but the kart still doesn't have any power... I mean like the whole field is gapping me off restarts, and the motor bogs for a half a lap until it eventually gets somewhat up to speed. The holey moses carb im running is basically brand new, but was meant for an unrestricted class, and not blue plate. And I did run some bad gas through it the first time it was ran. The high speed jet is clean, and no gunk is in the way, but that's not to say it isn't clogging the low speed. Pretty positive the carb is most likely just clogged, but open for some ideas if anyone might have any suggestions.

Buy a new carb, using the jets out of your Holy Moses, run a race with it. We need to determine if it's the carburetor or something else is causing your problems.

Are you familiar with different jet sizes and their effects? Are you comfortable with replacing the jets? I'm not totally familiar with that carburetor, does it have a float, is it at the correct level? Are you comfortable with checking it out?

In my opinion, carburetors are not nearly as complicated as some would have you think!

Is spending money on this problem an issue? Been there, done that.

Pull both jets out, blast with high pressure air and carb cleaner. Reassemble and try it. Takes all of 5 mins...

If you still have issues, call Jerry. Those guys offer top notch service and will help in any way. Difference from Blue plate to unrestricted isn't much. I'd bet a single digit main jet change is about it. We LOVE our Holy Moses restrictor carbs!

What rpm are you at when restarting. What is your clutch set at? Do you know what the cams installed centerline?

I am running in a blue plate boxstock clone class (although motors are most definitely not stock) with a blaze martin clone. I've been trying to get used to a new track, and narrowing down issues one by one. Im now running the same gear's as the top 3 but the kart still doesn't have any power... I mean like the whole field is gapping me off restarts, and the motor bogs for a half a lap until it eventually gets somewhat up to speed. The holey moses carb im running is basically brand new, but was meant for an unrestricted class, and not blue plate. And I did run some bad gas through it the first time it was ran. The high speed jet is clean, and no gunk is in the way, but that's not to say it isn't clogging the low speed. Pretty positive the carb is most likely just clogged, but open for some ideas if anyone might have any suggestions.
Why would you pull a Blaze Martin carb off of it and run something else?
BBull

To my knowledge carbs that are plate specific have revised air bleeds for different size plates so that could be an issue if used on a unrestricted motor.

Back