Holey Moses Carb?

My mistake! Most of us had no idea Margay still made a dirt oval OS chassis!

Either way, as XXX said, they aren't well known for oval racing and I have never seen one finish good in a big race anywhere in the country... that tells you something.... ;)

Too bad the stryker was made for dirt oval and is offset. But hey everyone hears margay and they assume its a straightrail
The guy we bought that chassis from had an animal on it and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE could hang with him. We have a Kinetik and a Laser Storm chassis kart here and the Margay handles better than both! My son has driven all three and given his choice and will pick the Margay every time.

I never assumed straight rail.
Name a major race where one has finished in the top 2?
Name a major race where one actually showed up? You know this cause you've been around the block but most of the big wins are coming from sheer volume. The few that aren't are likely the guys who have been doing it for ages and would win in anything.

The guy we bought that chassis from had an animal on it and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE could hang with him. We have a Kinetik and a Laser Storm chassis kart here and the Margay handles better than both! My son has driven all three and given his choice and will pick the Margay every time.
With your son choosing the Margay over the Kinetik and the Laser tells me he's more comfortable with a tighter kart. There's your 1/2 lap difference.

Name a major race where one actually showed up? You know this cause you've been around the block but most of the big wins are coming from sheer volume. The few that aren't are likely the guys who have been doing it for ages and would win in anything.
X1 is the Shamrock of oval karts.

Did I miss something, I can't find where you posted your numbers? No numbers at all, except gear ratio and size of track! I'm no dirt racer, but I thought all that stuff was importan!.
Corners, staggers, camber & casters, fuel, etc. etc. etc.

Do you have a set up sheet? Do you have an EGT? Do you have a compression tester? Have you done a leak down? Do you have an air density gauge, do you have any gauges at all?
Not being a smartass, absolutely not, but aren't all those things important?
Have you ever been to a high school football field, did it have a running track around it? I ask because that track is a quarter-mile long, how does that track compare to your racetrack?
Tracks that big come in many different configurations. Big turns, tight turns, short straights, long straights, what is your look like. Do you have any measurements.
Humor me, give me some information!

more than likely put him outta his power and momentum range. Usually 2 higher than normal for red and green. The 17 combo maybe ??? I wouldn’t go 16.

I have been racing karts since 1994, I have raced on tracks 3/8th mile to 12th mile asphalt ovals. I would drop my rear gear and see if that will give him more top end. if that didn't help and you have a strong engine the other guy's are cheating. JMO

Back