Holy moses carb issue

Tbowen23

So I have been running the holy moses for 3 races now. First two races ran great, however the third race i was just in it ran awful. It was when we were pacing it would try to die and then come back to life after trying to race. Once it was cleared out it ran about 95% and was still able to go from 13th to 3rd. But I'm not sure why it need about half a lap to clear out and take off, whereas before it ran perfect. Any help is appreciated.

So I have been running the holy moses for 3 races now. First two races ran great, however the third race i was just in it ran awful. It was when we were pacing it would try to die and then come back to life after trying to race. Once it was cleared out it ran about 95% and was still able to go from 13th to 3rd. But I'm not sure why it need about half a lap to clear out and take off, whereas before it ran perfect. Any help is appreciated.
How was it in practice, in qualifying, in the heats, in the main? Did it only start in the main?

They are bad to foul plugs if idled around alot might try a plug first

That's not the issue . The plug type you are using .
The 3910x : if that's what you have switch it too a ngk something in a 6 heat range.
Regular electrode style plug not a 4 prong .
We are running the automated 4 prong plus. If this helps its a predator 212 hemi with a +.020 rod aluminum piston cam and a flywheel. Its for an open class around here.

How old is the carb? I talked to Melvin at Dover the other day and he said they were having trouble with some a while back from the manufacturer.

Talked to Melvin and he answered all my questions and helped me get it worked out over the phone. Forgot to mention it was an outlaw carb.

Back