Home Recipies-Tire Prep?

Absolutely nuts! Not to mention that all this stuff is going right into the dirt. Just wait until someone tips off the federales about what's going on at all these kart tracks!

Absolutely nuts! Not to mention that all this stuff is going right into the dirt. Just wait until someone tips off the federales about what's going on at all these kart tracks!

Then you better sell out now, because if your not using prep, you soon will be or have fun riding in the back

You'll probably only find trace elements in the dirt on the track. Xylene and toluene are both paint reducers, their job is to evaporate. After it evaporates there's nothing there.
ATF might be a little different, but not nearly as bad as the rain runoff from a Wal-Mart parking lot. :)

You'll probably only find trace elements in the dirt on the track. Xylene and toluene are both paint reducers, their job is to evaporate. After it evaporates there's nothing there.
ATF might be a little different, but not nearly as bad as the rain runoff from a Wal-Mart parking lot. :)

Lol good comparison bob.

not to mention that the combination of the two chemicals is EXTREMELY hazardous to your health. you need to read up on what your messing with before you try.....

EVERY prep that's is distibuted is hazardous to your health in some way form or fashion if not used safely.

you need yo activate the like button lol

Someone said methalnapthalene get that s*
%*+ from moth balls and toilet deodorant blocks (the blue preps) so easy to find the good stuff if you know where to look and what to mix it with....

very good points in this form...cant go wrong wit xxx40...he is right...and so is bob on evaporation...diesel is a bit slow to evaporate but does...

When I was younger, I worked on my kart out of my dad's tire shop. Naturally, my dad and I tried mixing our own tire prep. Some stuff worked out great, and some of it was terrible. We accidentally mixed up a prep that turned a set of Burris tires into rubber soup, with a durometer reading of 10 after they had sat out in the cold all night. One of our more successful sauces was a mixture of two different rubber patch seals. I think they were X-tra Seal Tire Patch Prep and Tip-Top Pre-Buff Cleaner. If you rubbed a little of this stuff on a set of lukewarm tires before setting the kart on the grid, you eliminated the need for the tires to "come in" during hot laps. If you overused it, the tires would dry out over a long period of time so we had to be careful to use a prep that put oil back into the tires. ATF worked best for that, as long as you cleaned the residual oils off of the tire before doing anything else with them.

My father-in-law has a goat farm. So if any of you guys need some real goat, just let me know. We have full buck which can be smelled for miles and regular. lol

Where can you buy Toulene? Can`t seem to find it as everyone said they quit carrying it.

We liked variants on xxx40's recipe in post #12 back when we were mixing our own, but frankly, life has been easier since we went with a commercial prep program. We always found toluene at Lowes, Home Depot, or the Ace hardware just down the road in the solvent portion of the paint section.

We used to use simple green and then wrap them in Saran Wrap a day before racing on my nephews kid kart. Worked good on his Hoosier d10 and d20 tires.

Back