Home Recipies-Tire Prep?

Years ago, when my son was racing, I had a mixture of solvents, castor oil, a brand of industrial rotary compressor oil that was notorious for making pneumatic valves stick in a plant, and the marbles that rolled off other peoples fresh tires.
Worked really well. I could 'adjust' tire bite as needed.

The next year the Texas Kart rules people outlawed it from being used at the track,
and the following year outlawed using tire juice at all.

Guess they didn't like someone who wasn't buying fresh tires every race being able to out corner them.....

Years ago, when my son was racing, I had a mixture of solvents, castor oil, a brand of industrial rotary compressor oil that was notorious for making pneumatic valves stick in a plant, and the marbles that rolled off other peoples fresh tires.
Worked really well. I could 'adjust' tire bite as needed.

The next year the Texas Kart rules people outlawed it from being used at the track,
and the following year outlawed using tire juice at all.

Guess they didn't like someone who wasn't buying fresh tires every race being able to out corner them.....
Any interest in sharing your formula?

I used the VMP with Naptha and WD40 it seems to work ok.
you used acrysol with wd40 why?
like I said 1/3 toulene/ zylene (depends on the season) 1/3 acetone, 1/3 wd40, diesel, ATF all depending on the surface
makes 3 gallons

All I had.... years ago after race day I would scrub all the tires good with blue tire wash then after they dried I would wd40 them to put some oil back in them. It actually softened them up so I mixed some up with cheap mans acro and wiped it on to put it deeper into the tire. Heck we used to use simple green then Saran Wrap them

Back