Honda CRF450 kick start starter

And of course this set up is with the stock clutch in place. I will be using a rekluse on this particular project.

As far as the original kick start shaft, the only piece that is used is the large idler gear. The rest went in the garbage. The gear will still spin as it does in stock configuration, but the shaft itself will not. You will just simply align and push in to engage before starting, then once running it will kick out.

Anything is possible. This is the first and more so a prototype. We need to test it to be sure it will hold up in all the right places

Once this one is tested and proven, I'm sure it can be done to most anything. But for now it's being focused on the Honda because that's what I happen to have.

Why do that? So I can use a 3disc bully that if the motor makes any power at all I can lose half of it through the clutch. Sure the little dry clutch might hold up but it'll need constant attention.
These motors were designed for racing with the transmission and are proven time and time again. Why not utilize it?

It's not like I'm going to be jamming through gears all day long and chances are I may only use it on the starts if even then. Itll be there when I need it. With the rekluse clutch It should be a rock solid operation.

I run the rekluse on my crf450 setup with a tranny. It is pretty sweet. Depending on the track, you may or may not have to shift just once. Sometimes I start in 3rd and shift to 4th going into turn 1. Then it stays in 4th for the rest of the race, or until restart.

I run the rekluse on my crf450 setup with a tranny. It is pretty sweet. Depending on the track, you may or may not have to shift just once. Sometimes I start in 3rd and shift to 4th going into turn 1. Then it stays in 4th for the rest of the race, or until restart.

Does your model recluse use the clutch level also?

Does your model recluse use the clutch level also?
Hi Renee do you mean Rexluse with clutch lever. It can run both ways, with and with out. I have mine with in case of Rexluse going away at the track. I keep a stock clutch in the tool box just in case.

Back