Honda Head and Clone Heads / Identification

Hello,

Trying to find a list of Honda Head identification codes, does anyone have any?

I found some info on clone heads but not sure if its complete:

RTC-6
RTC-8
JT-???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ZH8, Z4M, ZL0, don't remember which is what though of the top of my head. Sneaks should chime in, I'm pretty sure he would know.

ZH8, Z4M, ZL0, don't remember which is what though of the top of my head. Sneaks should chime in, I'm pretty sure he would know.
Honda ZH8 can B either 14cc or 18cc from the GX 160's .The ZLO's are from the GX200's.The equal valve sizes to the RTC6/8's is the JT172...

The #1 head was desired for it's flow potential in the early years, after Honda moved it's production to Thailand the head casting were much better and the variation in heads was negligible. The #1 heads on the Japan engines were closer to factory specs and the molds degraded as they were updated. The newer heads (8-10 years) are as good as the #1 and 3's, they have now become marketing gimmicks demanding premium price for #1 heads.

SO I ended up with a number of heads and want to know what the differences are between them:

HONDA:
ZLO - GX200 22CC ?
ZOV - GX200 __CC ?
ZOT TK1 ?
ZLO TK1 - 3 ?

CLONE:
JT-06 ?
JT-02 ?

How do I tell which ones were made in Japan and which ones were made in Taiwan?

Thanks

Honda ZH8 can B either 14cc or 18cc from the GX 160's .The ZLO's are from the GX200's.The equal valve sizes to the RTC6/8's is the JT172...

so to be clear the valves in the 160 and the 200 are the same size..? in all dimensions? I can assume then when building my GX200 I could use the 160 head for more compression? what about rockers? I'd assume but, I better ask before I go digging around the local shops.. Thanks

Yes head parts are the same except for very early GX160's rated at 5.3hp they had small ports and valves. All head parts are interchangeable from GX160K1 up through to GX200.

so to be clear the valves in the 160 and the 200 are the same size..? in all dimensions? I can assume then when building my GX200 I could use the 160 head for more compression? what about rockers? I'd assume but, I better ask before I go digging around the local shops.. Thanks

Why not just deck the 200 head they flow better

So i am getting a ZL0 honda head. it has ZL0 RTK and then 1 can anyone tell me what specs were for this head and what valve size it had. is it a good start to a s/a engine? thanks

If the front side by the spark plug is not marked GX200 it isnot a Honda 200 head. If it is ZLO it most likely is a GX160 #1 head EX valve seat opening .920" In .890"

That ZLO head would not be the desired head today, if you can get a ported AKRA head you would be far ahead.

Back