Hoosier tire and rim sizes?

jacobsdad

Our local track is going to a Hoosier D20 tire rule. We have only ran Maxxis. So, what tire sizes do we need for right and left sides? Also where is the cheapest place to find them?

Are they dictating the sizes as well?
We have a real nice package for treaded tires that roll out right sides @ 34" instead of the usual much bigger tire sizes.
It also enables you to get the correct staggers that we run on conventional karts.
Unless you are running big opens, you do not need all that tread. Those tires were made for the 250 and 500cc winged outlaw cage karts and not for normal under-powered flatkarts.
I don't know if we offer the "cheapest" prices on Hoosier tires, but we stock them and sell a bunch of them at a very competitive price.
We also offer our Vector Cutz "blueprinted" treaded tires.
Give us a call if we can be of any help.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Just found out, here are the tire rules.
right sides tire number 11950D20a
LF tire number 11900D20a
LR tire number 11920D20a

Yikes, another track promoter decided that their karts need to run the humongous 250 & 500 tires.
9" wide 37" roll-out treaded right rear and right front tires. LOL

We can do those sizes too...just a LOT of rotating mass to pull around in an already under-powered kart.

I wonder why the promoters won't spec the correct tires for their cars? Every flat kart chassis I know of is designed around 34" right side tires.
Hoosier offers them. We work with them all the time.
We'll get you what they want though. :)

Back