Horstman Lighting clutch parts??

A-RACING

Needing part for a Horstman Lighting Clutch. Need the splined drive hub. Other parts for such clutches???

Last edited:
Honestly a different clutch would be better .
Those parts are still around or a complete used one .
The hub is weak at the key way and cracks . I beleive a bully hub would work albeit the cost .
Unless your asking about fitting a splinded crank shaft . never seen a mdc for that use .

Turk Brothers should have what you need.
1A61C143-BC5E-41DC-B238-94514A419984.jpg

The hub is weak at the key way and cracks . I beleive a bully hub would work albeit the cost .
Unless your asking about fitting a splinded crank shaft . never seen a mdc for that use .
Yes
Yes the hub does crack and break where the gear meets the spline. I will take any hub that is broken at that point. Can repair and adapt.

There is a fix for those broken/cracked keyways. Sleeve the OD of the back of the drive hub where the keyway is machined = problem solved - at least for lower HP applications. We've done this many times, and have a complete Bully clutch here now that was done to.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com