Hot cam

ER Racing

I’ve got a stroker cam in my clone motor and it’s running in a junior one class with a green restrictor plate

my question is am I better off with a regular cam and not the stroker since it’s got a green restrictor on it question

If its Jr1 I assume its either an AKRA or NKA sanctioned race so that means you are cheating and if your son is caught, he will be DQ'd on the spot. Why risk that? The cam isn't doing anything with that small plate in there anyway.

You are going backwards and breaking rules using a larger than '' stock '' performance cam because a green plate being next to the smallest ''red '' cannot fully utilize the legal spec cams so by using a cam with more lift and or duration you are just putting the motor in a rpm

You are going backwards and breaking rules using a larger than '' stock '' performance cam because a green plate being next to the smallest ''red '' cannot fully utilize the legal spec cams so by using a cam with more lift and or duration you are just putting the motor in a rpm
[/QUOTErange it cannot achieve with a plate .........i don't know why this was not included in my first post????

If you meant a stroker "crank," then of course it will help.
There is no stroker cam -- maybe a cam intended to be run with a stroker crank? If that's the case, no, it won't be of any help.
As others have suggested, if this is a sanctioned track with rules and tech, you are not allowed these parts in this class.
Be aware of the rules where you race. If there are no rules (ie backyard track, run whatch brung, etc,) then by all means go with as much cubic inches and compression as you can stand, regardless of the plate on your clone engine.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

A cam along the lines of a CL1 or CL2 is plenty of legal cam size for a plate motor , I have never herd of the term Stroker Cam before , I have herd it used as a term for a crank . Nobody here is trying to make anyone look or sound like they are not informed , we can help more when we know more about what we are being asked .

Back