Hotlapll

gbr

Is hotlap rolled inside an wiped outside during week then wiped with black bite before going out on track a good program..

Nobody can answer that truthfully because you haven't said what type of track you are racing on, or what kind of conditions. You need track type, high or low bite, tire brand, conditions being raced, as a start

IV used hl2 alot on medium bite tracks with Burris tires. Usually ill have several sets with anywhere from 30cc to 90cc internal for those type of tracks

If you are running Shiloh hot lap is not aggressive enough for this time of year. Most weekends we are using something mixed with goat punching around 45. I'm in Homer and run Shiloh a lot. PM me if you want some more help.

The front runners at Shiloh couple weeks ago were not on goat at all.
Southern Comfort won Pro Super Heavy, and took a top 5 in Pro Heavy....Bite in a can.
Now typical weekend race, I cant say as I haven't been to a local event there, but ive heard anywhere from a 30 when wet to a 45 when good.

I would say that statement is false. A lot of preps out there work similar as they will condition and lightly soften. But this doesn't mean they are based from HL2 although there are a few "copies" of it. As to help answer the original question, if you are new to prepping and not yet confident on what to use, HL2 can be a very simple and effective program. I feel it works better for medium to high bite conditions. Have had great results when using it in conditions that need a tire in the 50-55 duro range.

How True Is This Anyone (Brian,Earl,Randy)?

I would disagree with Joey on this. But here's why...
With so many tire guys having their "own" prep made from/by Trac Tac and having them even bottle it and label it with their really cool personalized prep names, I would say that the majority of preps being sold are NOT HL or HL2 base, rather they are just a relabeled TT product. (Nothing wrong with that, just sayin.')

I would say a whole lot more home-brews/racer-mixes are based on HL (or similar base chemicals) than anything being sold/distributed under a label.

Well Brian I thought about adding that as a second line but decided I wasn't going to go there because this question was about Hot Lap II.

That might be true as there is certainly a lot of simply relabeled Track Tac in the market place. But an awful lot of branded prep is a Hot Lap II or Track Tac AT2 derivative. Put it this way, just about every "prep maker" has Chris Harris in his speed dial.

Myself included. That's one of the reasons I never "labeled" my own.

Back