Hotlapll

There are a lot of treatments out there that use HL2 or AT-2 as a base(mostly AT-2 now). But just like everything else we are constantly advancing with chemicals. Sure everyone has a product like AT-2 or HL2 in their trailer and still use it, but I promise you most of them do not use it straight. AT-2 or HL2 is more commonly used as a product to cut more aggressive preps like Black Sand, GK1 Blue, Mint, Goat, etc. It seems we are always looking for grip where 10 years ago that wasnt the case. 10 years ago a 1 to 2oz Firestone wiped on top with HL2/Acrysol gave you plenty of bite with a tire checking 56-58. Now a 2.5-4oz tire is the norm and we are wiping with more aggressive preps like Black Sand, etc.

There are a lot of treatments out there that use HL2 or AT-2 as a base(mostly AT-2 now). But just like everything else we are constantly advancing with chemicals. Sure everyone has a product like AT-2 or HL2 in their trailer and still use it, but I promise you most of them do not use it straight. AT-2 or HL2 is more commonly used as a product to cut more aggressive preps like Black Sand, GK1 Blue, Mint, Goat, etc. It seems we are always looking for grip where 10 years ago that wasnt the case. 10 years ago a 1 to 2oz Firestone wiped on top with HL2/Acrysol gave you plenty of bite with a tire checking 56-58. Now a 2.5-4oz tire is the norm and we are wiping with more aggressive preps like Black Sand, etc.
i know this is an old one... Are you guys using AT2 to cut SST5. I don't have any black sand and bought a gallon of SST5 not too long ago. I feel like the tires are super bitey. Yellow vegas punching 35ish on the RS, bull ring indoor tracks.

i know this is an old one... Are you guys using AT2 to cut SST5. I don't have any black sand and bought a gallon of SST5 not too long ago. I feel like the tires are super bitey. Yellow vegas punching 35ish on the RS, bull ring indoor tracks.
I'll let Track Tac speak for themselves, but what I remember reading is that you need to cut it with Naphtha VM & P, which is a paint thinner.

I'll let Track Tac speak for themselves, but what I remember reading is that you need to cut it with Naphtha VM & P, which is a paint thinner.
I used the 3m version of acrysol, this time and cut it about 50/50. I cant remember the name of it now and i'm not In my shop.

I seem to remember the tt products in plastic bottles mixed well and the stuff in metal mixed well . When you combined either it would mix but would seperate after a period of time which meant you had to shake it again .

You can mix it with AT2 but it will separate.

a lot of your tire preps are based on HotLap II
How True Is This Anyone (Brian,Earl,Randy)?

Track Tac® AT-2 or similar is used as an inexpensive base for a lot of "prep".
We do not. We make Track Tac® AT-2 from scratch.
We also sell multiple drums of Track Tac® AT-2 for well less than $20.00 a gallon.

It is a decent product and it is cheap. This is why so many people "make" their own prep using this as a base.
Hope this helps,
Randy

SST5 & Ruby is a great during the week bite builder. (18-20% SST5 in the mix)

I don't use the acrysol anymore since TT came out with the quick dry. I find the quick dry works much better with the TT products (obviously) really like how it mixes with the black sand vs acryo

Back