how big can you bore a clone block

johnny

How big can you go safely with out a sleeving the block can you go 2.762 plus a lil bit more for piston clearance or is that too much for the stock block to handle its for a mini bike for a friend and he wants to go as big as he can with out the cost of a sleeve or hazards of a 3inch bore plus the 6.5 fits perfect in his frame thanks....

mike clements does 2.815 i think, with no problems, and nr says the 2.815 is also the biggest you can go w/o a sleve, so you should be fine

Last edited:
depends on the block. Some can go 2.87, some go 2.7x. No sure answer until you measure your sleeve thickness.

I've heard rumors that some of the old blues had thicker sleeves?

That would be the very hard to find and old Blue central machine works clone.

These were a transition engine made at an old state owned manufacturing complex in China.
The recycled some sleeves intended for a different engine most likely when they tooled up for the first clones.

That would be the very hard to find and old Blue central machine works clone.

These were a transition engine made at an old state owned manufacturing complex in China.
The recycled some sleeves intended for a different engine most likely when they tooled up for the first clones.

How about the greyhound?

I don't know about that....

In Canada the central machine clones were sold under the Wasp brand.

The machining on some of the internal parts is not very impressive and the cranks are equally questionable.
You not going to use the cam that's a given, but the lifters are extremely suspect on some of them ( not square not flat do not rotate in cases and soft... So don't use them ).

The older the clones the more suspect you should be of them.
I am speaking in specific to a lot imported prior to 2006, I don't know how many were made with the thick liner or how common they are but I know of a few still sitting on the shelf at tool town and no one who needs a clone for racing or otherwise buys them with a brand new Loncin 212 sitting on the next shelf for the same price.

Back